General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is there a blinker fix?

Old 02-24-2006, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a blinker fix?

It seems like every time I get a good rain one of the front blinkers stops working. I'm getting a little moisture in there. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to fix the problem. I'm tired of replacing bulbs. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

yeah change the blinker fluid j/k
mine did that too then i just went ahead and went with the hd headlight never had that problem again
Old 02-24-2006, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

I think I've got a leak coming from the starter causing the air system to bleed into my blinker housing. That has been raising my blinker fluid I think. Now I think the rear seal in the socket is bad because when I turn the blinker on the winshield washer comes on. If I don't fix it soon my wipers are probably going to blow.

Sorry, guess I got bored lol. HD lights are awsome man.

Anyone else have a fix?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had problems with my driver's side running light/blinker after I installed clear corners. The clear corners never sealed good, and always got water in them which ruined (melted) the bulb socket. I ended up putting the factory corners back in, and buying a new bulb socket out of a wrecked Camaro in the For Sale section on here. You'll have to cut and connect the factory wires to the new socket. Pretty simple fix. Good luck!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

Find the crack, and apply some clear caulk.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

glad you found the humor in that anyway there isnt anyway to fix it unless its leaking where the scokets plug into the housing but if the housing is crackes you can get some new ones or caulk em like he said i went ahead and bought the clear ones made it look alot better and she still hasent leaked yet good luck man
and you dont want you windshield wipers to blow because that effects your radio and you now where that leads
Old 02-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem, what I did to fix it was: dry out the socket, and put some grease on the terminal connection, (water repelled by the oils), and it seemed to have worked. But possibly a better option would be use silicon adhesive in the terminal would be better. BTW I couldnt find where the leak was comming from so I resorted to this. I hope this helps...
Old 02-25-2006, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm gonna try to find the leak and caulk it and put some grease in the socket. If that don't work guess I'll buy some clear housings.

Search this Thread