PCM Diagnostics & Tuning - anyone have turbo spark tables willing to share

ZL1Killa
02-26-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm in the market for **upgrading** and I know that the stock pistons don't like detonation when going with heavy mods...anyone have any pictures of spark tables/EFI Live tunes with spark tables from a turbo application.

I have efi live and I have been doing the tuning myself, finally got my sd tune down and the car is running great.

ZL1Killa
03-01-2006, 09:26 PM
anyone? spark tables from a turbo application? (5psi...stock block

John_D.
03-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I made a note to myself a few months ago that CAT3 posted an '02 automatic STS 8 psi tune to Horist's repository. I don't have a link, but that should be enough info to get you started. I'll be searching for it in a few weeks myself... :)

ZL1Killa
05-06-2006, 08:49 PM
where is that at?...found horist but saw his website and can't see any links

wait4me
05-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Use the Spark map to your advantage, It will show you and make your tables for you.....

Start with a stock 2002 Camaro table, Then, you add 2 degrees to the whole thing,

Do a log and make a kr on rpm vs gm/cly the table then records any single .00 of knock, then, you transfer and subtrack any you see on that table, the, you add again 2 degrees to the whole thing,

This way, it will move up the low spots and keep the others down.. Usually 4 or 5 is all that can be added... As you see that should keep you at about 20 degrees for your 5 lbs of boost.. So, that follows the safe math also... 2 Degrees per pound. Your peak timing on that motor should be 29-30 NA....

ZL1Killa
05-06-2006, 10:45 PM
found horist's website and got the tune.

i'm going to be running the stock bottom end and the 5lbs....max WOT spark around ?