General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

PLEASE HELP Cylinder 3 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PLEASE HELP Cylinder 3 misfire

I have only had my car for 5K miles (it has 34K now) and I'm a real crybaby when anything goes wrong with it

Today, after a few hard passes down the dragstrip, the service light came on. The code reader said it was a P0303 Cylinder 3 misfire. The car seems to run normally, but it smells like it's running rich.

So... What to do? Is this typical? What could it be? I'm REALLY hoping it's just a spark plug.

Has this happened to any of you before? If so, what was the problem and how did you fix it?

ANY help would be VERY MUCH appreciated!
Old 02-26-2006, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

check your plugs, wires, check all the connections. then check fuel example did you get some bad fuel.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hi
Had a similar problem with #5. I keep clearing the fail code but it would come back - had to leave the track and on the way home is never showed up again. I was doing 65 mph going home. Never did find out why. At the track checked plugs, wires, and connection - nothing that I could see was wrong. I wish I know why. Anyway I would think bad gas would effect more than one cylinder.
Bill
Old 02-26-2006, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Maxf: whoa..whoa..calm down. check your wires, make its not burnt, cut, frayed etc. Pull your plug, take a good look at it. Inspect it. If its good to go, then put it back. Torque it correctly and put your wire back on making sure it clicks on the spark plug and TWO (2) clicks onto the coil. If its still there then swap your coil packs form one side to the other and see if it follows the coil. If it does, then the coil took a crap.

Ski

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP Cylinder 3 misfire