Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Uh ohh

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uh ohh

Hey guys....heres the story, we where on this secluded road where we always do highspeed runs, launches ect

So i rev it up to like 3k or so and dump the clutch, spinnin hte tires obviously, and then grab 2nd, and then it seems like the clutch feel isnt as hard, and springs back easier, im thinkin oh ****, here comes hte clutch smell, which it did.

As im driving home i still have that really light clutch feel, but everything else feels ok....i get on the highway and put it in 6th, and floor it at like 60 to see if hte clutch slips, (im pretty sure thats how you can check right?) and no slippage, get off the highway and jump on it, still no slippage.

What could have happend? the only thing i have now is a light springy clutch feel and, for alittle some clutch smell...

The car only has a lid, shifter, and i believe a stock clutch.... with 275's in back.

Thanks alot for any input on this.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

I've never heard of checking for slippage by putting it in 6th like you said but. Is it was slipping you would know it would do it mostly in first and second. Let the car sit for a few hours let the tranny and pads cool. Then later tonight go drive it and check it all also how many miles do you have. might still be a stocker that is work out.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly how I destroyed my clutch. lol, hopefully you didnt. A couple of friends and myself went out to do some runs, car ran fine but I felt it budge on a launch and it ran well all the way home but later that night it took a **** and it was gone. Take it easy on the clutch for a while and like Radz said, let the car sit for a few hours.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Launching!

i just pulled it in the garage, im gonna let it set for a couple days, its supposed to snow 2marrow so im not gonna drive it 2marrow we will see how the rest of the week goes. like i said it felt fine, just the pedal is really easy to push in....