Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Headers(probably been asked)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Headers(probably been asked)

Are they any good, because coated with a Y they are 700 right now.. i am itching to get something for my car, and this is looking like a good choice ... if i get them, what else do i need, i plan to get the catted Y.. don't know why, maybe because of my warranty through carmax.. anyway, please help me out, i have it open in another window all ready to buy.. THANKS A BUNCH GUYS AND GIRLS

SEAN
Old 02-26-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

you'll need 02 simms & extensions for the rear 02 sensors - unless you are bringing your car to a shop to have the SES codes tuned out
they are a great budget header, but your warranty may become void with the modification...might want to check with carmax on that first
Old 02-26-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

What warrenty did you use? I thought they only offered a 30 day? If that's the case, you can't wait? haha

I personally do not have these, but for the price and the praise they receive from everyone, I say jump on it!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

I have no problems with mine. I got the uncoated and had a custom y-pipe made.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

If you have a shop install you would need the headers , extensions and O2 Simms, or you can have a tune shop edit out the SES code like someone stated above.

If you plan on installing yourself , i would suggest a good set of jackstands , swivel sockets , and a little bit of patience. Its not going to be a quick task , so be ready for it. It will all pay off in the end!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Teching In

i purchased a 3 year warranty.. it is actually almost up in a few months.. i thought it would void it and thats why i haven't done it yet.. i am thinking about H/C also from a guy in LS1Tech which would gain more power from what i am understanding, but cost quite a bit more (and wouldn't make sense without headers/y and intake manifold.. AAGGHHH!! just want to go fast, too much to consider
Old 02-26-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll need a pair of O2 simms (for the rear o2s) harness extensions for the front (they come with wires to extend the harness, you can use those, or get the premade ones). Toss the paper gaskets in the trash, and use the stock metal gaskets (you may want to get a set depending on the mileage of your car) a set of plugs might be a good idea (they sometimes get broken/cracked during install/remove) some anti sieze for the bolts that go in the head, a torque wrench to tighten the bolts (11ftlbs from the center out, then go up to 18ftlbs for the final pass)
Think that's all, be ready for it to run rich when you first start it, that usually goes away after about 200 miles of driving it.
Good luck