Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP LTs...What catted Y pipe?? Jethot LT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP LTs...What catted Y pipe?? Jethot LT?

Hey all, Im trying to order my QTP LTs, but cant find a good catted ypipe that wont cause me clearance issues. I hear that the QTP cat ypipe is bad and hangs too low, what have all of yall gotten for your LTs? Also just to tie in I hear good things about Jet Hots LTs, that they have a lifetime corrosion warranty? LM Performance has them for under 500?

Main question is what good ypipe is out there with cats for QTPs and Jet Hots (clearance), I also wouldnt mind having a setup that can switch the cats in and out for emissions checks. Thanks all any comments or suggestions will help..

-Philip

PS. I am sitting at stock height...
Old 02-27-2006, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

I see your stock ride height. As long as the y pipe is installed by a professional you wont have a problem. Its people that have lowered cars and that try to install it on there back with out leverage are the ones with the problems. Trust me i know. Its more of an install issue that a product issue. If you want something to swap back and forth then maybe a custom y pipe might be better. But if you do not have a good muffler shop to make you one, it will come out worse. ANd the jet Hot cat y pipe will not pass a visual inpection.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Order, Im leaning towards the Jethots with a custom ypipe from my local performance shop, Lethal Performance, down here in San Antonio...They do a great job and Ive seen a couple of their custom pipes. Thanks...any other input would be awesome...

-Philip
Old 02-28-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

bump/\
/\
/\
Old 02-28-2006, 04:14 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If you don't like the QTP Y-pipe, Have a custom one made. Stick with the QTP headers though. They're second to none.