Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Critique my plan if your bored :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Critique my plan if your bored :)

So goal is mid to low 11 seconds on the juice but a good DD if I wanted it to be. Also would still like the wife to be able to drive it as it is still really her car Budget is seriously low so I can't go crazy....

1st stage:

-3200 Vig (got it for 300 used less than 3k miles will be sent to PI for check up)
-Either 3:73 or again budget setup maybe a whole 3:42 rear end so I have my 3:23's as backup.
-I'm working with Ellis on what the tranny is going to need at minimum right now.
-TNT 75 to 100 shot
-Wolfe bolt in Roll Cage
-QTPs 9.5's on stock Z28 wheels

2nd stage

- Futural F13 on a 114
- Budget heads, either the ported TSP LS6 heads or some ported Darts
- Pacesetters with TSP catted Y-pipe (this could easily change to Kooks if money allows)
- Performance rebuild of the tranny
- Fuel system and a 100-125 shot

So thats what I'm throwing around right now...the 1st stage I expect to be done by May, and the second will probably be this winter or next spring. The only things I have so far is the TNT kit, tires and the Vig converter so everything else is up for discussion. Trying to keep it around 4-5k so if I can find deals on used parts I will ****** them up...

What does everyone think? Any better ideas??

Bobby
Old 02-27-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all u need is a stall and juice. throw gears in if you want, and save everything else for the trans.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Also would still like the wife to be able to drive it as it is still really her car
That sure sounds familiar.
If I could talk to your wife I would tell her to go get herself another car!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Junkie

LOL I bought her a BMW but its not a "convertible" so now she has two cars. I on the other hand have an old S10 blazer which hardly seems fair. SOOO yes I am working on the Mark plan But she does like driving with the top down so I'd like her to still be able to enjoy the car on nice days.

I REALLY hope my wife never starts looking on this site....I mean she knows but she doesn't KNOW...kinda like I know how much her shoes cost...but I don't KNOW
Old 02-27-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VIKING
That sure sounds familiar.
If I could talk to your wife I would tell her to go get herself another car!
Rumor has it she has a nice back up
Old 02-27-2006, 07:33 AM
10 Second Club

Is this for the C Z, or the V Z Bobby? If it's for the C, do you have tuning software for a 98? Either I think way 11s should be possible. But you better start planning on buying her another car. Eventually they figure out what you've done.....
Old 02-27-2006, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Is this for the C Z, or the V Z Bobby? If it's for the C, do you have tuning software for a 98? Either I think way 11s should be possible. But you better start planning on buying her another car. Eventually they figure out what you've done.....
It's for the vert..........

Mike
Old 02-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
- Budget heads, either the ported TSP LS6 heads or some ported Darts
Bobby
Looking at your time table, by the time you get to the heads mine might be for sale. Trying to save cash for a 40x. If I manage to I'll be looking at bigger heads so mine will be up for sale.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER

Hey Mark,

I Sold the Z06 a guy gave me a good offer and I agonized about it for 3 days then sold it. I sold it at a price that could buy another low mile Z06 easily. I'd already sold quite a bit of the mods on it. Just didn't want to post after I posted I was all excited about keeping it After the baby is here and everything goes well I'll either buy another Z06, C6, Trailblazer SS or maybe even wait a little while longer for the new Camaro.

I bought Jyla a 328i 4 door BMW with lower miles pretty cheap, and have tinted the windows and bought some M3 wheels just so she'd drive it But the plan is working she loves the vert but the comfort and sensibility of the BMW is starting to sink in....I have her trained good though the salesman was pretty incredulous when my wife was complaining about buying the "plain" BMW and how we'd have to do this and this right away.

As far as the vert goes she agreed to the roll cage which is basically giving the car over to me modding and racing it. She would still like to drive it on nice days. We've already talked about the mods and the nitrous and she's cool with it.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:49 AM
TECH Regular

dude!
i can't believe you sold your vette.

now i will pass by your house on the street with the cutouts open.. like 15 times a night.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan
dude!
i can't believe you sold your vette.

now i will pass by your house on the street with the cutouts open.. like 15 times a night.