LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Best way to bleed lt1 t56 hydraulics?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best way to bleed lt1 t56 hydraulics?

My hydraulics need bled and i was curious on the best way to do this. Car was recently converted so i have no experience bleeding these things yet. I thought about possibly epoxying a t-fitting into the top of the car and using a mityvac to suck the air out. Anyone have any good methods because i heard these can be a bitch to bleed. I actually asked my neighbor about it and he said i would be better off buying a new pre-bled assembly. Anybody?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

The best way to do it, or easiest I guess, is to do it off the car.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it would be wise to buy a new assembly just cause it needs bled. There are procedures out there for bleeding our clutches. It says to loosen the nuts holding the m/c in and removing the slave. something about pumping shorts strokes at the slave until no more air comes out of the resevoir. Or you can take the entire assembly out and bench bleed it. I am swapping my line from the m/c to the slave. I had a spare so I could drill the restriction out, and I am going to bench bleed it. Might be a pain to remove it all, but I want to make sure I get it bled correctly.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

the best way to bleed the hydraulics on an lt1 car is to take the slave out and push the rod in until there are no bubbles in the resv. if you buy a new assy. keep the plastic on the rod of the slave and let the hydraulics break it its easier to buy one in my opinion. the new assy. already comes with fluid and does not need to be bled. the hydraulic system on an lt1 car does NOT have any bleeder screws in it ANYWHERE.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah the no bleeder screws i idiotic. So i basically just pump the slave rod numerous times and have someone watch the master res. until no more bubbles come up? Do you think the mityvac idea would work? thanks guys
Old 03-02-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Strokinit383
So i basically just pump the slave rod numerous times and have someone watch the master res. until no more bubbles come up?

yep just like that

Quick Reply: Best way to bleed lt1 t56 hydraulics?