Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs w/ 2.5in y question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LTs w/ 2.5in y question

My bro-in-law borrowed my TA for awhile and wanted to quite it down while he had it for a few months, which i didnt mind, and so he took off my 3in x-pipe/turndown setup and aft of the pacesetter LTs he ran a mac 2.5in ory and a 3in flowmaster exhaust(both of which he just had laying around as spares) out the back. I now have my TA back and Im just curious as to how much you think this exhaust is choking off the motor if it were left like this? It still lopes a good bit but its alot quieter, esp on the inside which i kinda like so i was thinking about keepin it like it is now or maybe doing a 3in ory and 3in hooker or something similar. How much power do u think id lose over the x-pipe setup w/ the 3in ory/catback?
Im most likely gonna put the x-pipe/turndowns back on(he's payin) but just wanted to know what yall thought of this if i didnt
I know the y or x pipe is basically an old topic but input would be appreciated.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this just a retarded question or something? I'll just use common sense i guess and go back to the x-pipe
Old 03-02-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I left the X pipe a few months ago and went with a what I've got now:

Jet Hot LT's
3" 7000 series random technology cats reduced to 2.5" after the cats and then run into the 2.5"-3" flowmaster merge.
Hooker catback

I opted for this setup to maximize ground clearance and performance. I don't feel like there has been any loss of power. (Wish i had a dyno sheet to justify that). But to answer your original question, if the design of the Ypipe is good then your probably not suffering from much power loss. I'd say if your happy with the sound of it, keep it!