Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth/H2O injection

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meth/H2O injection

Im a newbie at thae turbo thing. I am going to be building a twin turbo (60-1) 402ci LQ4. It will have an innercooler (air to air) Ive heard of Meth/water injection, and have a good idea how it would help cool the incomming air, but I have a few questions:

1) How is it activated?
2) Where is it injected?
3) How long does it last? (1 qt.)
4) Whats the mixing ratio?
5) Is it for full thottle use only? (like NOS)

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

www.alkycontrol.com

...call Julio and talk with him...a wealth of information!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a look here as well coolingmist.com
Has a forum section as well.
(1)Many was to activate---rpm, boost, per programed units, tps switch.
(2)Injection, best just before the TB but can be injected after as well but you will need some type of check valve-solenoid. To prevent back pressure and siphoning problems.
(3)How long it last depends on how you set it up and use it.
(4)Mix ratio---everyone runs it different and at different ratios, water-meth straight meth.
(5)All depends on how you want to set it up to meet your needs.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

1. There are 2 basic ways to activate it. 1 with a hobb switch 2 with a controller. Some controllers have differnt ways, some use map sensors some use your maff.
2. You want to inject the mixture 4-8" away from your t.b. Thats what I recomend.
3. You don't want anything any smaller than 2 quart. 2 quarts last most people from fill up to fill up on. Turboed/supercharged cars. Turboed trucks drink alky.
You can use your factory washer tank and still use it for window duty. It also has a low level switch already built into it.
4. Mixture is the greatest debate. I have done tons and tons of research. Some say this some say that. I run const 9.90's in my 72 olds and run 50/50 mix. I have tried other mixes and non really change my times. Some fell 100% is the only way to go. I feel its one of them trial and error. Evey car needs a differnt tune.
5. Hobb switch are best for full throttle. Progressive controllers are able to inject a lesser amount under partial boost. Hobb switch are either off or on.

Quick Reply: Meth/H2O injection