LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

True Dual setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True Dual setup

i am trying to sell my borla and pacesetter ORY to do a true dual setup. My plan was to buy an x-pipe, bullets, and go to an exhaust shop to have this done. My only concern with this is the fact it will not be mandrel bent and might not come out as good as a premade setup.

So with that asside, does anyone know if this will work on my 96 z(pacesetter LT's)
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=196&catid=56

If not, what is different about the ls1's vs the lt1's. Do the headers not end at the same spot? that is the only thing i could see stopping this setup from fitting.

Also, if anyone knows of a kit for an lt1, that would be great. I would really like 2 1/2" if possible.

thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Teching In

i've heard that the TSP duals don't tuck up under the car and have some fitment issues, i think you should have them made for your car and tucked up under nice and neat.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see you have duals, what size are they and how much did you pay(if you don't mind me asking)

Also, are you lowered? if so what type of ground clearance do you have. If not, same questions lol
Old 03-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Yeah Im Lowered about a inch and a Quarter and i have no clearance problems. The guy that did my duals specialized in custom duals for F-bodies, and was able to mandrel bend the pipes so i paid about $600 for a custom set-up.

but i've heard of people getting them done from anywhere to $250-$400.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mandrel would be awesome, but i'm not holding my breath. Small normal bends spaced out enough shouldn't alter the pipe too much. Plus i'm going from 3" to "5"" so some small kinks might not be too bad for it. If anyone else has any experience with this/advice/ideas i would be much obliged
Old 03-01-2006, 11:13 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TSP True duals wont work for the LT1, the DS Header exits at an angle, and the hangers wouldnt match up when mounting. You can piece together and Xpipe for like 200 bucks, wereas TSP is 400. Clearance shouldnt be to big of an issue if you get 3in unless your driving over a mountain. And why go from 3in collecters to 2.5 in and then dumps? If you plan on a bigger motor or anything major down the road your just gona have to change it then.

Ive got a kit waiting to go on.
Summit Universal X pipe 3in
16'' Bullet Mufflers
Flowmaster Turndowns Before Axle.
Gaskets, Flanges, Hangers etc.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I was thinking about duals, but I am lowered, and I would rip them off.. lol
I scrape on my Cat Convertor right now, and that has been raised up. I like to play with my toys..

Quick Reply: True Dual setup