Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header and exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header and exhaust questions

Does anyone know if High flowing cats are smogable for California Emissions? Also, is there any company that makes mids with Carb numbers on them? I want to make my exhaust system more high blowing but I just dont know if any are California smog legal.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Xx01CamaroZ28xX
Does anyone know if High flowing cats are smogable for California Emissions? Also, is there any company that makes mids with Carb numbers on them? I want to make my exhaust system more high blowing but I just dont know if any are California smog legal.
As far as I understand it, relocating or removing fully operational CATS is illegal.

So no mid or LT setup can be used. Shorties and catted Y may be legal.

However, if I lived in CA there's only one route I'd go and that's FI. I think Procharger P1SC is carb certified (you'll need to check, as not living in CA I've never bothered to check).

And I think STS are trying to get their kit also certified.

With FI you just don't need all the bolt on's to make power. So stock or shortie headers work fine, as does the LS6 intake and ported TB.

You don't then need a lid, or pulleys and with the STS you don't even need a cat back.

So you could do:

ProCharger + cat back = 440+rwhp
Or
Stock + STS = more than 440rwhp

Well it's an option anyhow
Old 03-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, being from California myself I can attest to the LT's and re-location of the CATS being in violation of our SMOG laws. That's why I'm going with an ATI Procharger P1SC Kit and some shorties . Both are smog legal and I'm hoping to make AT LEAST 420 rwhp.

Search long enough and you'll find your answer on these forums, everyone that has replied to my posts has been extremley helpful.