Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatech SuperMaxx System A++++

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatech SuperMaxx System A++++

Just did the install last weekend. Everything went smooth as can be. Took me by myself about 4 hours or so and it's great. Everything in their kit is top notch and had eveything you really need to make it all a true bolt on kit. Will eventually switch out the Magnaflow for a true dual setup with X-pipe, but for now I am quite happy. Thanks to all the guys here with the helpful tips. Made life so incredibly easy when installing it.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool man.....did you have any Y pipe banging issues, or did Dynatech do it right as far as shaping the Y pipe goes?
Old 03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

What all did you put on? Cats? How far are the cats/pipes from the floor boards? Any good pics? My brother in law is interested in a set of "legal" headers with cats....
Old 03-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Only issues are with the cross brace near the split of the Y-pipe is a little close and occasionally rattles on that. This weekend I will get under there and readjust the back section a little bit, but other than that there is tons of room and it doesn't hang down all that much, certainly not like i've seen here. I did take some photos and will get them on here as soon as I can. To answer your question Billumss, it is the whole deal, Long tubes, 3 pc. Y-pipe, bitchin, very tiny bullet style high flow cats. There is plenty of clearance evrywhere except where I mentioned and I think that was just a bad adjustment on my part. Will have it fixed on Monday if it doesn't rain. Also like I said will have pictures up either later today or tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Modern,

Are these the ones...

I have a set of these sitting in my spare bedroom, I have to make time to install these;

The fit and finish is excellent, and the instructions are very good (seems you don't have too much trouble and no strange surprises).

What do you do when it's time for sm0g test...?

Hey, where is Cali Dragway...?

Regards,
Joe
Attached Thumbnails Dynatech SuperMaxx System A++++-supermaxx.jpg  

Last edited by joecar; 03-02-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by joecar
Modern,

Are these the ones...

I have a set of these sitting in my spare bedroom, I have to make time to install these;

The fit and finish is excellent, and the instructions are very good (seems you don't have too much trouble and no strange surprises).

What do you do when it's time for sm0g test...?

Hey, where is Cali Dragway...?

Regards,
Joe

I saved all of my stck stuff. With as easy as it was to put in I will just swap back to stock for smog every 2 years. Everything went great. No broken bolts or anything. Cali Dragway is in Fontana, CA. (California Speedway) Great track, just wish they ran it better. Has been very frustrating the last couple of times I've gone. Gotta go again now that the TB and headers are in. Hopefully I will see 12's. I will post the pics here next if i can figure out how.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Here hopefully are the final installed pics. Thought I had taken more, but I guess not. I will take more if you guys need. Here we go.
Attached Thumbnails Dynatech SuperMaxx System A++++-pictures-261-1.jpg   Dynatech SuperMaxx System A++++-pictures-262-1.jpg   Dynatech SuperMaxx System A++++-pictures-263-1.jpg   Dynatech SuperMaxx System A++++-pictures-258-1.jpg   Dynatech SuperMaxx System A++++-pictures-259-1.jpg  

Old 03-06-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the pics.

Looks like you didn't have to raise the car too high off the ground for the install
(those are 3-ton jackstands, right...?)

In Fontana... thanks, I have an idea where that is.

Regards
Joe
Old 03-06-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

When I place the headers together at primary-pipe flanges (head mounting surfaces), there's a 1/8" gap right in the middle
(i.e. they bow out in the middle, the ends are touching)...
Is this bow is okay...?

Thanks again.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of cats do they put on that setup?
Old 03-06-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

High flow "metal substrate" shorties (versus ceramic substrate for the OEM ones).

If you hold one up you can look right thru it.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

High flow "metal substrate" shorties (versus ceramic substrate for the OEM ones).

If you hold one up you can look right thru it.
Sweet, looks like a pretty badass setup...except the cost
Old 03-07-2006, 02:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

The cost seems high, but you get everything shown in the pic (post #5), all in stainless steel, plus it includes the bolts, clamps, gaskets, O2 extensions.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Joe, essentially I put the car up on ramps in the back and then used 3 ton floor jacks in front done in 2 steps. 3 ton jack as high as it would go, set on stands, then took a piece of a 6x6 and used that to raise it the rest of the way. It really was straight forward and easy overall. Much better than the shorties I had put in my old '96 WS6. I logged nearly 30 hours trying to put those damn things in. Was a nightmare!! Definitely something to say about the LS1 in these cars. So much easier to work on. As for the bow, that doesn't sound right. I never put my flanges up together so I can't tell you how mine were, but I can't imagine they are supposed to be that way considering the are mounting to a flat surface. The next street legal drags is April 22nd. Will definitely be there for those who want to see them in person. My email is shawnb_2@msn.com. Just shoot me an email and keep in touch with me until then so we can meet up at the track or if you're close to me we can meet before that.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay, thanks.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Modern_Muscle_Man
I saved all of my stck stuff. With as easy as it was to put in I will just swap back to stock for smog every 2 years. Everything went great. No broken bolts or anything. Cali Dragway is in Fontana, CA. (California Speedway) Great track, just wish they ran it better. Has been very frustrating the last couple of times I've gone. Gotta go again now that the TB and headers are in. Hopefully I will see 12's. I will post the pics here next if i can figure out how.
you mean your gonna change the headers back to stock when its smog test time? i thought these headers were legal
Old 03-17-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

NO LONGTUBE header is LEGAL...period. its just most states don't do emmisions tests and some states don't mind long tubes but they better have CATS!....lucky me i live in ohio...no emmisions here .....yet
Old 03-17-2006, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

This header system has the fittings for AIR, O2 (front and rear), EGR (for < 2001) and includes cats....

But CARB does not deem it legal because the position of the cats moves from the original and the cats have not been certified with CARB.

Even though these cats probably work better than the OEM ones.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

This header system has the fittings for AIR, O2 (front and rear), EGR (for < 2001) and includes cats....

But CARB does not deem it legal because the position of the cats moves from the original and the cats have not been certified with CARB.

Even though these cats probably work better than the OEM ones.
thats what i love about this system, it comes as a kit. joe,do you know all the sizing for the supermaxx system? i'v heard that the y pipe is 2.5 and then i heard it was 2.75. i'v tried e-mailing places that sell these and they dont feel like helping out.

well, i guess if i install sometime soon i will just have to change it back to stock in 8 months. that ******* blows!!! i live in connecticut and there not to easy going with the emmisions testing.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
joe,do you know all the sizing for the supermaxx system? i'v heard that the y pipe is 2.5 and then i heard it was 2.75.
It's sitting in my spare bedroom (...was in my living room but my Mrs got upset at me...),
so I'll measure the pipe diameters later tonite, post tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Dynatech SuperMaxx System A++++