Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Tune -vs- Diablo Predator

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Tune -vs- Diablo Predator

Which is a better route for me to go. I only have a SLP loudmouth catback and SLP cold air. I do want to see the best gains a possbile. My car has never been tuned and I want it running the best. Which way would u get more out of considering my car the way it is now.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neither. The stock tune is pretty efficient for a near stock car like yours. The predator is pretty much worthless. It's ok to have for things like checking engine codes, changing shift points, removing TM and little stuff like that. But for a real "fine" tune you would definately want to go with a dyno-tune done by a pro which usually runs in the neighborhood of $500.

IMHO no one would need a dyno tune unless it's to correct a problem with the car running rich/lean (usually associated with LT headers), Cam was recently installed or a big power adder was added like a large shot of N20. You might gain a few horses from a tune now but nothing worth $500. I wouldn't waste my money on a predator and I wouldn't get a dyno-tune until you at least add LT headers to the car. Then if you did put on LT headers you can change the plugs & wires and top that off with a dyno-tune like I did. At least then you're getting your moneys worth. Well kind of

Good luck.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car stock was running 10.8:1 and probably could have picked up a little power but nothing worth the $400-500 it would cost to do it. I did buy HP Tuners and did dyno tune after the major mods went on the car though.

Quick Reply: Dyno Tune -vs- Diablo Predator