PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranfering MAFT WOT settings to Edit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 08:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Tranfering MAFT WOT settings to Edit?

Whats the easiest ond most effective way to transfer my MAFT WOT setting to the Edit file?

I'm trying to transfer a -6 MAFT setting.Should I go with leaning the MAF table from 8000mhz and up or fuel injector pulse width from 3000rpm and up?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tranfering MAFT WOT settings to Edit?

I'm assuming that you have LS1Edit. Also, if you have ATAP, I would strongly recommend that you remove the MAFT and start tuning from scratch. Go out & ATAP the car on part throotle runs so you have info to tune the LTFTs below 0%,, work with the MAF table to do this. Then, make some WOT runs and work with the PE RPM table for WOT fueling & AFR.

To answer your question directly, I know that the MAFT adjusts the frequency output of the MAF sensor. The WOT switch (I believe) works from 8000Hz and above as you said. So a MAFT setting of -6 for WOT would be a leaner WOT AFR. Since the MAFT works on the MAF frequency, the corresponding table in the PCM would be the MAF table. But you want to maintain a smooth MAF table curve,, so from 8500Hz and above multiply all cells by 95.0% using LS1Edit. Then going right to left in the MAF table change the multiplier by 0.5%,, mutli 8375Hz cell by 95.5%,, 8250Hz cell by 96.0%,, 8125Kz cell by 96.5%, so on and so on, until you hit 100%, then you are done.