Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injector offset question again

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 03:50 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default injector offset question again

i have 50lb injectors and am sure my injector offset is wrong. i am told guessing is a bad idea and it is better to leave the chart alone than guess.

hears an idea, a buddy of mine says we can "scope" one of the injectors and that he will be able to tell exactly when the injector is told to open and also when it actualy opens, wouldn't this be the offset? what are the 2 axis's on the "injector offdet vs voltage and load", looks like actual voltage to the injector and load from the map? the load part doesn't effect the table so it shouldn't even matter. the voltage could be minuplated some by just un hooking the alternator and letting the voltage fall while recording. you would get from 15volts or so down to 12 volts or so doing that, could probably guess for a cell or 2 above and below that.

soo, what do you think, would that work?
Old 04-09-2003, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: injector offset question again

Load (pressure) will affect how fast the injectors open. More pressure in the manifold will cause a slightly slower open time. This is true of any solenoid valve.

You could look at the current trace from the injector and get the open event (when it opened) and compare that to the commanded event (when you told it to open).

You could also send them to rceng (probably) and they could get you the information.

Gary
Old 04-09-2003, 05:28 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: injector offset question again

i would think load would effect them also, especialy boost. but the factory offset table has all the same numbers for every load so on the factory injector it must not have been much of an issue, could be with these big dogs though.

i will call rc and see if they can run a test on one of these.