New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt-ons

Old 03-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt on's

I am a new LS1 owner and looking for my horsepower. I am going to change my heads to a LS6 or get a super charger. Give me some idea's of some easy good bolt on's please. I have a 98 ss automatic.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:43 AM
TECH Addict

this should be posted in " new ls1 owners and enthusiasts " if you want more timely and better responses. there is a sticky ^^ in that page.

edit: my two cents BTW, build your car up to support a S/C dont just slap one on, and if your gonna get heads get som patriots or something a little more higher performing than stock ls6 heads.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:17 AM
Staging Lane

welcome to the site!

Just bolting on stock ls6 heads isnt going to yield much.
I think the first thing you should do is learn about camshafts and think about replacing the stocker. The stock heads flow pretty good, so even with a small or mild cam, you can grab another 20whp.

The first boltons I would advise are intake and exhaust (Lid, catback) Easiest, cheapest power you will find. From there, If you were to add a cam and a set of Long tube headers, you could see another 50+whp from where you are now. Then adding ported/polished LS6 heads would prob give you another 30+.

If you have the money for a supercharger setup, go for it, especially if smog is a concern. 450+whp is very common on stock internal engines. Most people go the route I described because it is way cheaper than forced induction.

hope that helps
Old 03-04-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Addict

New ls1 owners and enthusiasts

btw, do full exhuast ( catback, LT headers, ory ) and intake ( lid, pre01 cars ls6 intake ) and UD pully before you think about doing a cam. stock heads will be good.......for now.

Search this Thread