Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stock Clutch finally going

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock Clutch finally going

Went out to a friends house to look at some of his Dad's cars(More info. later) and on the way out we raced a little. He just bought an EVO with upgraded downpipe, turbo timer, and program. Shifted from 2nd to 3rd and I could tell it was slipping. Stayed in it long enough to pull a few cars on him and backed off. Pedal was very soft and engagement was soft too. On the way home got into it a little again with the same result. I guess 82k miles is pretty good, lol.

I had planned on getting a TEXTralia when the time came, but the new LS2/LS7 is sounding promising for about half price. I plan on doing a H/C setup so I need something that will handle ~420ish which seems safely in the range of the new LS7 setup. The car is a 2001 SS so from my understanding that has the upgraded hydraulics. Will they be ok with both of those setups? I'm also planning a wedding so the savings of the LS7 series would be kinda nice, just want to make sure it's enough and no other special upgrades are necessary, other than switching the flywheel, which is fine. Is anyone running a lightweight flywheel on the LS7 yet? Any comments or recomendations are appreciated.

Also, the car collection was amazing. Ferrari 512BB, Ferrari 365 4seater sedan thing(very cool), 2 Dino's, and on the chassis hoist was a 53 Bristol. #1 out of 150 or so that were built, still in somewhat early stages of restoration.