PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 huge problems for the experts.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 huge problems for the experts.

Hey everyone.

Well I have 2 big problems now.

1. When I go WOT my gauges (factory + aftermarket) in the car die. The 10amp fuse blows completely. When I rev the car in WOT without being in gear it does not do this. What could this be? We thought it might be the gauges but we disconnected them and it did not change anything. I had this happened to me before with my aftermarket tach. I took everything off and the problem went away.

2. After my first fuse blew, I started getting SES lights. I used autotap to decode them and this is what I got:

P0171 Fuel trim system Lean Bank 1.
P0174 Fuel trim system Lean Bank 2.

What are these caused by? Is my tuning not correct? I hear the pump running and I have 42lb injectors so I do not understand why I would be going lean.

I also have zero knock and never drop below .92 mv on the O2 sensors. Infact I dont think it ever goes below whole numbers.

I have noticed that when the car is idleing it has a lope in it. It drops to 200 when I rev it high (4000 rpms) and let off. It almost sounds like it is going to stall.

Sincerely
Badz2801
Old 04-12-2003, 08:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: 2 huge problems for the experts.

Put a 5amp fuse inline to the aftermarket gauges.If it blows the aftermarket gauges are your problem.Then go from there.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Two of the guages already have an inline fuse. We took the hot lead out of the ignition circuit and then ran the car again. Even though we disconnected the power to the aftermarket gauges we still blew the fuse.

Do you think that the wires going to the PSC could be the problem? One wire is for the tach (rpm/white) and another wire is a green wire on pin 9 for the 2001 Z28. Do you think my PSC unit could be sending current back and blowing my guages circuit?

Sincerely
Badz2801
Old 04-13-2003, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Ok well here are the results.

1st I wired in the diode and took the car out. There was no SES light when I started the car even though there was one the night before. I took the car out poped the clutch and wham the gauges went out again. I autotaped it and this was the error I was given: P0650 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) control circuit. P1626 Theft Deterrant Fuel enable signal not recieved.

2nd I then got the car back home replaced the fuse and removed the hot lead for the gauges. I then took the car out again. I went WOT and the fuse did not blow. So now I know that my gauges are the problem.

However when I got the car back home almost instantly I got a SES light. I now have the following codes: P0171 Fuel trim system Lean Bank 1. P0174 Fuel trim system Lean Bank 2. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Also I have another problem. While my boost guauge was not working before (it never showed any boost) I do not think the blower is making any boost. The car feels stock when driving it around. It does not pull like it has a supercharger on it and I sense no increase in acceleration. I noticed when looking at the blower that the pully moves and makes a rattling noise. Should I tighten this bolt? Also ATI shipped my kit with a 4.00 pulley shouldnt it be a 3.6 to make 8psi at 5900rpms?

Sincerely
Badz2801