Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Edit questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 Edit questions

I am new to LS1 Edit. I have never seen the program only heard that you can change your PCM. I would like to own it for myself so I can "fiddle" with it. Do I just need to buy the LS1 Edit program, and I am guessing that comes with the plug in adapter of some sorts? I ahve been reading something about EFI Live would I need that too? Where do you buy it? Is this something that a person who has never messed with the PCM think about doing. Basically, I am asking is it stupid of me to do this? I really want to be able to do anything to my car all by myself. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:52 AM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: LS1 Edit questions

I have nieher EFI or LS1 edit, but I do have Auto Tap on order. What I was told yesterday on this forum is that Auto Tap and EFI are both to read what your computer is doing. The LS1 Edit is to change your computer. You first need to have some way to scan your cars computer to see how to tune it. So if you want to tune your car with LS1 Edit you must have some way to check your computer.(Auto Tap of EFI) If you go to the LS1 Edit site (carputing.com) you can download some info. on tunning your car but I have no experiance in tuning cars with LS1 Edit. I ordered the Auto Tap for all makes and models of cars with enhanced perameters(autotap.com) The GM only software I think is almost 300.00 and the program for all makes and models is almost 500.00 but on import cars you can only get generic readings. I have alot of family that I can help with the Auto Tap for all makes of cars and alot of friends at work that I can scan their cars for $ so I think that the extra 200.00 is worth it. I hope thih helps
Old 04-15-2003, 07:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

As for Ls1edit it is not as intimidating as some might think. Do your reading and understand what it is you can do and how to change the parameters with help here http://ls1edit.slowcar.net/ and there is a LS1edit mail forum here http://www.ls1edit.com/ and you can download the rather weak instruction booklet from www.carptuing.com

<small>[ April 15, 2003, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: J&JsTA ]</small>
Old 04-15-2003, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

J&JsTA.. Thanks for the links to LS1edit. Very useful stuff..GMAG
Old 04-15-2003, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

So I will need Auto Tap or EFI Live along with LS1 Edit. I have been doing a little reading on http://ls1edit.slowcar.net/ and I figured I would ask before I got too involved with it and was told that I should leave it to a professional. Thanks for the links.