Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cats, o2 Sims, or o2 delete from PCM

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cats, o2 Sims, or o2 delete from PCM

Ok, I'm wanting to do the full ehaust at once, (headers, Y, cat back) so I have a few Q's that may be stupid, but I have to ask!

If I get an ORY then there are know cats, so do I buy rear o2 Sims or have the rear o2 deleted from the PCM? Or both?

If I choose to use cats, due I still need the o2 Sims?

One last thing, I'm installing a cam at the end of the month and will have the PCM tuned then, even though I won't have the exhaust done can I just have them delete the rear o2's at that time?

Thanx any help would be great!
Old 03-05-2006, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

installing the headers , y-pipe , and a catback with no cats will appear an SES light , which wont harm your performance at all . once u do your cam , after that do the tune and delete the codes. anyways , if you r removing your cats try ditching the EGR and Air because they become useless if you r doing the ispection with no cats .

here u can find block of plates for Air and EGR , http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=Exhaust

I blocked them because after my headers install I started hearing a ticking noise thats looks like a leaking sound .
Old 03-05-2006, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah just get the ory and leave the rear O2s unplugged untill you get your cam in, i drove mine around for a couple of weeks with the ses light on and it didnt hurt anything. just dont drive around with the cam in without a tune. and definitly remove your egr or air system.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, the cam will be installed b4 the exhaust gets done. So go ahead and have the o2 sensors deleted from the PCM. Do I still need the Sims?
Old 03-05-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get the rear o2s deleted, you won't need the sims
FWIW I'd wait on the tune until you get it all finished (cam and exhaust) the reason being your tuner might need to change some things once the exhaust gets done, to compensate for the freer flowing exhaust
Old 03-05-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gotcha, Thanks