How much do you think I could sell my car for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much do you think I could sell my car for?

I have a 99 navy blue metallic with tan fabric interior. Mechanically the car is in great shape, yet it does have the gas smell when driving b/c I opted not to have cats (and the cam doesnt help much either). Aesthetically, the car is in good shape. The interior is great, never smoked in and no stains. Exterior: right rear panel has a spot where the clear coat is trying to peel (some jackasses thought it would be nice to give me a going away car wrapping with that silly spray underneath in 103 degree weather (it f**ked up the paint and I am still pissed). History: the car has been in 2 wrecks, a lady rearended me scratching the bumper and the other was a discount tire when the employee was backing my car in and some jackass just backed out and hit my car. Both repaired beautifully. Tires are in good condition. The car is not raced (yet no one is going to believe me).

Lots of mods: listed in sig

I am going to take it to carmax to see what they will give me for it, but what do you think I could private party sell it out. Since carmax could care less about my mods and all.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

how many miles?
Old 03-05-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it would sell for more without mods and with cats... + you can part out mods.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lucian
I have a 99 navy blue metallic with tan fabric interior. Mechanically the car is in great shape, yet it does have the gas smell when driving b/c I opted not to have cats (and the cam doesnt help much either). Aesthetically, the car is in good shape. The interior is great, never smoked in and no stains. Exterior: right rear panel has a spot where the clear coat is trying to peel (some jackasses thought it would be nice to give me a going away car wrapping with that silly spray underneath in 103 degree weather (it f**ked up the paint and I am still pissed). History: the car has been in 2 wrecks, a lady rearended me scratching the bumper and the other was a discount tire when the employee was backing my car in and some jackass just backed out and hit my car. Both repaired beautifully. Tires are in good condition. The car is not raced (yet no one is going to believe me).

Lots of mods: listed in sig

I am going to take it to carmax to see what they will give me for it, but what do you think I could private party sell it out. Since carmax could care less about my mods and all.

Thanks
Carmax won't take it without proper emissions..
Old 03-05-2006, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

miles?
Old 03-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Banned

details are over whelming
Old 03-05-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

They will take the car with no emissions, but in thier quote they will tell you that they wont pay you this much cause they will have to make it legal. Then they will auction it and not worry about it.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Launching!

I am sorry, it has 66K miles on it.

Sorry for so many details, I was trying to be thorough.

I was afraid of the emissions part, but I wasnt sure if they actually looked at that. I did have the Mac catted y pipe, but I threw it away when I moved b/c I hadnt used it in like 2 years and didnt want to waste the space (As I kick myself).

I was going to pull off the mods, but I have not factory replacement parts and I dont really have the time to exchange everything out.