Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Manifolds...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Exhaust Manifolds...

Hi All,

I'm dropping an '03 Corvette LS-1 in my old '47 Ford project car. My plan is a low-tech semi-old school twin turbo blow-through carb setup. I tried flipping the factory C5 manifolds and that won't work (I guess it's the "heat-riser" looking boss in the center of the manifold). I've heard that certain truck manifolds will "flip", can anyone verify this? Failing that, can any of the aftermarket shorty style headers be flipped?

Thanks!

Russ
Old 03-05-2006, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The heat riser you're talking about is the A.I.R. injection flange. Do you plan to use catalytic converters? If not, then there is no point in keeping the AIR flanges and you could have them cut off and the holes welded shut (if that is what is preventing them from working).

I am not real familiar with corvette or truck manifolds though, sorry. Good luck with your project!
Old 03-06-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No on the cats... Doesn't A.I.R. need a pump? My engine's front drive is complete, but no pump... I'd rather not chance cutting up the corvette manifolds, they might be saleable. I may look for a set of truck manifolds instead. Just hoping someone here can verify that they'll flip with no problems...

Thanks!

Russ

PS- please excuse the double-post...