Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Went for a test drive yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Went for a test drive yesterday...

Well, I test drove the 1994 supercharged Corvette they have sitting over at Park Place. Man... that car is EXTREME.

Just a basic run down for you guys... it's a 396 LT4 stroker, all forged internals, Vortec Supercharger, 236/236 comp cam, efiFAST engine management, every bolt-on imaginable, 83lbs injectors, methanol injection, roll bar to make it NHRA legal, built transmission (4L65E from Kirkland Transmissions)... this car is completely worked over.

Looks like the previous owner took excellent care of it... definitely show quality, 41k miles. Owner kept every receipt, including an itemized spreadsheet of everything purchased and how much it cost. The owner spent close to $60,000 on this car... and that doesn't include the price of the car.

It's a great car for sure... but not much of a daily driver at all. I can see why it's been sitting there for a few months... would take just the right buyer, especially considering the price ($26k for a 12 year old car).

I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to make an offer on it after MadHadder picks up my Z28... we'll see. It's more extreme than my Camaro, and I don't know if that's what I really want to get into. But damn... it is a nice car, and something I'd be proud to show at the shows.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

Selling the Z! After all the effort i put in to give you an 11, and then you just up and sell the damn thing.

Just kidding jason, sounds like that vette will be a nice toy to give the rest of these guys a run.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 94 Vettes? Damn Zeke....ahem, I mean Jason, did you catch some disease?

Sounds like a NICE car. Bet it was fun to drive!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh, it is a VERY well done car... I'd almost feel bad taking it down the track. Almost...

But I won't have the Zeke disease... I'll be giving them my '94 C4 as a trade-in. I don't need two fo the same kind of car.

But man... you should have heard that thing start up. Took it a second to fire up, as it's been sitting there for a while and I imagine with 83lbs injectors it takes a decent spark to get it going. Boy oh boy, when it started, it was that slow lopey crackle along with a little bit of supercharger whine that you imagine a drag car having. And it was LOUD... got everyone's attention in the lot, and over by the Car Toys next door.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:20 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Zeke disease

Hey, I liked driving the WS6, I just couldn't deal with it being a daily... so I got something that works as a daily but drives like my WS6. Best of both worlds..

Is this the car, Jason?
http://www.parkplaceltd.com/pages/fi...e.aspx?id=5256

Damn, that is a pretty Vette. I'd be tempted, too.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Yep, that'd be it Zeke... it is a great looking car, and sounds just wicked. I'm tempted, we'll see if I pull the trigger.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:29 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Yep, that'd be it Zeke... it is a great looking car, and sounds just wicked. I'm tempted, we'll see if I pull the trigger.
Would you be thinking about driving it daily? I think that would be my only issue, that's a little bit beefy to be driving every day... I'd hate it in the rain.. you'd have to baby it everywhere.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:11 AM
10 Second Club

Well, I test drove the 1994 supercharged Corvette they have sitting over at Park Place. Man... that car is EXTREME.

Just a basic run down for you guys... it's a 396 LT4 stroker, all forged internals, Vortec Supercharger, 236/236 comp cam, efiFAST engine management, every bolt-on imaginable, 83lbs injectors, methanol injection, roll bar to make it NHRA legal, built transmission (4L65E from Kirkland Transmissions)... this car is completely worked over.

Looks like the previous owner took excellent care of it... definitely show quality, 41k miles. Owner kept every receipt, including an itemized spreadsheet of everything purchased and how much it cost. The owner spent close to $60,000 on this car... and that doesn't include the price of the car.

It's a great car for sure... but not much of a daily driver at all. I can see why it's been sitting there for a few months... would take just the right buyer, especially considering the price ($26k for a 12 year old car).

I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to make an offer on it after MadHadder picks up my Z28... we'll see. It's more extreme than my Camaro, and I don't know if that's what I really want to get into. But damn... it is a nice car, and something I'd be proud to show at the shows.

So is madhadder gonna get the Z28? What's going on with that deal? Has he got the loan paperwork squared away?
Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Would you be thinking about driving it daily? I think that would be my only issue, that's a little bit beefy to be driving every day... I'd hate it in the rain.. you'd have to baby it everywhere.
Yeah, that's my only concern really... my wife and I carpool, so that usually isn't an issue. In bad weather, we can take her CR-V. But on one of those days we aren't able to carpool for whatever reason, yeah it would suck if its a bad weather day.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 00Vette
So is madhadder gonna get the Z28? What's going on with that deal? Has he got the loan paperwork squared away?
Yep, looks like he's going to get the car... he said he has his loan already, and that he can come get the car after the 24th, since that's when he'll be home from his current deployment.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:36 AM
Teching In

Yeah first chance I get when I get back, Im in a shittier place then I was last time. This mission kinda sucks, but yeah I saw johnny boy in germany sucking up all the good per diem, ya bastard. Ill get in touch when I get back this is the first time ive had access to the internet.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

Pretty car Jason! Damn that thing is packed in there....reminds me of the twin turbo Vette in Ellis work garage. I think it needs bigger tires out back tho.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

Go for it.

Like you said you carpool most of the time.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know that car well. Don built the cage and I did the transmission. Transmission should still have part of a 3year 36k warranty. Dave brought it to K-trans just so I could do it.

Every thing was done right on the car. Dave is a stickle for details. He also owns a few other Euro cars Rookie knows about

This car is a bargin if you are looking and they will deal Just make sure you get the fast and LT1 edit software in the deal with all the cables
Old 03-06-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Good to know, Ellis! I'm glad you know the car, because that puts me at ease about possibly purchasing such a highly modified car. If there's someone's opinion I trust about these kinds of things, its yours.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good to know, Ellis! I'm glad you know the car, because that puts me at ease about possibly purchasing such a highly modified car. If there's someone's opinion I trust about these kinds of things, its yours.
I'd look for a modded C5 if I were you. They shouldn't be hard to find, just look around some of the Vette forums.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tru_ice
I'd look for a modded C5 if I were you. They shouldn't be hard to find, just look around some of the Vette forums.
Or a stock C5 and mod the heck out of it yourself.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tru_ice
This C4 would kick the crap out of most modded C5's. It has a stock torque converter, and street tires, and still ran an 11.4. Give it a nice 3200 or 3600 stall, and some drag radials and I bet it runs a mid 10 pretty easily.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Or a stock C5 and mod the heck out of it yourself.
If I don't get this car, that's probably what I'd do... I'd be looking specifically for a 99-01 Bowling Green Metallic coupe with an A4. But I'd take just about any color if the deal is right.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I know that car well. Don built the cage and I did the transmission. Transmission should still have part of a 3year 36k warranty. Dave brought it to K-trans just so I could do it.

Every thing was done right on the car. Dave is a stickle for details. He also owns a few other Euro cars Rookie knows about

This car is a bargin if you are looking and they will deal Just make sure you get the fast and LT1 edit software in the deal with all the cables
Dave's latest toy is (was) a pristine '69 Camaro with a 502, but it had a little trouble last week. A front wheel came off at 50mph and tore up the side of the car.

Last edited by NWDragRacer; 03-06-2006 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Went for a test drive yesterday...