Racer's Lounge - Bought the wife a bike

View Full Version : Bought the wife a bike

Chris95Z
03-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey all, today me and the wife went to the motorsport dealerships. First one the sales guy got on our nerves so we decided to go elsewhere. I am looking to buy either a crf450r or yz450f bike. I have always been a yamaha guy but the honda was looking sweet and I like their rep of pretty top notch quality with their dirt bikes.

Well, the wife wanted a bike too, but we were really out to just look to get an initial idea of bikes we were interested in. The first dealership guy just couldn't understand that we weren't ready to buy. Their was one bike (bike A) that we really liked though. So after getting into a heated argument with the sales person we just said fuck it. At the second dealership the sales guy was way more respectful of privacy and didn't mind if me and the wife talked by ourselves. We also ran into another of "bike A" and the price was unbeatable, on top of that we felt that this dealership deserved our business for being so respectful. We decided to go with the purchase, so the wife has a new bike. It was actually cool teaching her how to ride this afternoon we had lots of fun. I was suprised that she was game to ride a bike over a quad. Guys, how many of your s.o.'s do off-read recreation and how fun is it for ya.

T-rex
03-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Mine rides a Banshee.She can tear it up on that damn thing.I'm usally behind her on my KFX 700 keeping an eye on my little girl on her 50.It is a blast.My Old Man has about 2500 acres we ride on and my kin folks have plenty of land so there is always somewhere for us to go.Nothing like spending time with your family. :)

Z2K_MrJ
03-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Your wife can ride a yzf450? must be a tough chick. :)

99Ws6TransAm
03-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Not the same type..but still the same origin. Im purchasing my 3rd bike this wed. 2002 Honda 954RR. The g/f seems really excited and has asked if i would teach her how to ride. So this weekend, if the weather goes the way its supposed to, were gonna get out on it and start teaching her. Should be a fun time.

Z2K_MrJ
03-06-2006, 08:24 AM
I hope your not going to teach her how to Ride the 954?? .lol Thats a Crash waiting to happen. Unless she is experienced?? .

Chris95Z
03-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Your wife can ride a yzf450? must be a tough chick. :)

No, that's for me but I probably won't buy it for a few months more. Actually I bought her a new little ttr125 big wheel. It's got an electric starter and its perfect for her. I probably won't buy mine new though.

Chris95Z
03-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Not the same type..but still the same origin. Im purchasing my 3rd bike this wed. 2002 Honda 954RR. The g/f seems really excited and has asked if i would teach her how to ride. So this weekend, if the weather goes the way its supposed to, were gonna get out on it and start teaching her. Should be a fun time.

I agree with Z2K, if you do go with it though emphasize the need to baby that throttle, hopefully you two have a good time and have fun.