LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what do i need

Old 03-05-2006, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what do i need

ok well i finally convinced my dad (poor college student here) to help me get the engine rebuilt my LT1 was starting to get tired out 150k miles on it... my question there is a local engine rebuilder that i am more than likely going to use and i want to get them to bore it 30 over and do a 383 stroker.... what all do i need... this isnt going to be real extreme yet but i want more power than i am making right now.... i know a crank, pistons, all the related stuff there... on the heads and intake manifold is it worth it to get them ported and polished or am i better off saving the money and getting new heads and parts... on the heads i will get new valves, pushrods, rockers, springs, retainers all that stuff, on the rockers what would be a good set the 1.7 rockers from comp.... am i going to need new injectors, what is the fuel pump able to handle, im not looking for more than 400 at the wheels but i would like to have at least 325-330 at this point that will wait until im out of college making some decent money and can just sink the money into the engine and other areas.... however i might throw some spray on it for the track so that it will have some kick that it wouldnt have elsewise
Old 03-05-2006, 11:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or if i keep stock displacement how big a cam can the stock heads and intake ported and polished take and increase the compression and throw on the spray

Search this Thread