Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slipping @ WOT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default slipping @ WOT?

when going WOT, after flooring the pedal and immediatly preceding the initial shift there is a semi-violent shaking (as if the tranny is slipping slightly). It does however go into the gear and does not slip and stay in the same gear, but it feels like its almost slipping. this only occurs occasionally and not every time i go WOT, and only from a roll at generally high speeds, like say 60 or 70. any thoughts? the car is on its stock tranny and stock converter with 70k. should i be worried? its always shifted "hard" so to speak since it got it back in june, but never slipped. i did have a slight leak in one of the tranny coolant lines a few weeks back and lost most of my tranny fluid. i got that fixed and the mechanic said he added about 8 quarts of fluid. maybe thats the problem. ill go check that agian now and report back.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was about to say to go check your fluid level.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds to me like the mechanic screwed you. Your transmission would be fried if it were 8 quarts low on fluid and the car would not move. If you drain the pan completely you only get about 5 quarts, the rest is in the converter and the cooler.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Launching!

..yeah the fluid is fine. checked it hot and it was where it should be. should i be worried?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'd be worried. Take it to a competent shop and have them scan the transmission electronics. They have a handheld device that will make sure all the electronics are working properly. Sounds like valve body problems. Explain to them the issue you had. Transgo and Sonnax have all kinds of kits to fix issues similar to your's. A good shop will know if it's something simple to fix. I'd steer clear of a shop that told you that the car you drove in was 8 quarts low on fluid.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Launching!

think it would still be a smart idea to get a stall converter + tranny cooler?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Teching In

My car somewhat does the same thing, I am however getting a cam and stall/cooler put in this weekend, so i'll see how that does. Good Luck