Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What signs are there that your clutch might be going bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question What signs are there that your clutch might be going bad?

Check out the link in my signature. After the burn, I pushed in the clutch, took it out of gear, and released the clutch....the clutch stayed on the floor. Why? I couldn't get it into gear, and I thought I was so busted because of all the ruckus I made behind a K-mart. It went into gear after a couple of seconds of playing with the clutch(which is still on the floor). Finally I put my foot under the clutch and pulled it up off the floor. After that it was fine. Why did it do that? Is it time for a stage 2? Or do I have a little time left. I'm going to the track this weekend to run for the first time, and I'm not sure how the clutch is going to do. Any ideas?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem isn't with the clutch persay, it's in the hydraulics. You'll need the 01+ clutch slave cylinder and do the drill mod while you're at it.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson
The problem isn't with the clutch persay, it's in the hydraulics. You'll need the 01+ clutch slave cylinder and do the drill mod while you're at it.
Ok, I'm kinda lost. I don't know too much about trannys and clutches. I have an 02 SS. So your saying my slave cylinder is bad? And what is the drill mod?
Old 03-08-2006, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your slave could be going bad. Another option is too change out your hydraulic fluid and do the "drill mod" on the line going from the master cylinder to your clutch. Check out installuniversity.com and you will see a writeup of how to do it.

P.S.- your clutch (hydraulic) fluid needs to be flushed from time to time.....especially when racing a bunch or abusing it.

Hope this helps some!

Brent

Quick Reply: What signs are there that your clutch might be going bad?