General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

What signs are there that your clutch might be going bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question What signs are there that your clutch might be going bad?

Check out the link in my signature. After the burn, I pushed in the clutch, took it out of gear, and released the clutch....the clutch stayed on the floor. Why? I couldn't get it into gear, and I thought I was so busted because of all the ruckus I made behind a K-mart. It went into gear after a couple of seconds of playing with the clutch(which is still on the floor). Finally I put my foot under the clutch and pulled it up off the floor. After that it was fine. Why did it do that? Is it time for a stage 2...3? Or do I have a little time left on this one? I'm going to the track this weekend to run for the first time, and I'm not sure how the clutch is going to do. Any ideas?
Old 03-09-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you done the "drill mod"? I've heard of the clutch getting stuck, and this is supposed to stop that.

One way to see if the clutch is slipping is to put a heavy load on the car. Such as driving at 60MPH in 6th gear, and flooring it. If the RPMs jump quickly, then the clutch is slipping. If the car just bogs down and the RPMs raise slowly (like they should) then you are ok.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out the "drill mod" under the transmission part,

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...sity/index.htm
Old 03-10-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do the drill mod and change fluids. If that doesn't fix the problem the new slave cylinder, most likely.