Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth II....is it as annoying as the regular LM??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Loudmouth II....is it as annoying as the regular LM??

Anyone have it? Is it raspy? Does it drone like crazy on the highway?

I will have headers with an ORY...I'm looking for something that has a smooth aggressive tone but not overly loud. Magnaflow is out...borla is out...gmmg is out...

It might be back to the SLP dual/dual muffler with hidden tips.

Help!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:52 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Magnaflow? Borla? GMMG!? why?

Yeah the Loudmouth II is not as loud...just a toned down version basically.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Still will give you A headace after using it as Your DD when getting up to speed. Friend has it still gets annoying when Driving all the time. Save your Money get Gmmg Corsa borla or somting along those lines. You will still be happy 10,0000 Later
Old 03-09-2006, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

the only time mine drones is when its about 2k rpm and about 1/3 rd of the pedal is pushed in (going up hill)

i have a video of it if you want lmk
Old 03-09-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

You want a quiet exhuast and you're looking at a LOUDmouth
Old 03-09-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

get a hooker. . . .

the exhaust. haha. with lt's and a ory it really wakes up. not bad at all at idle and cruising and SCREAMS when you want it to. if you want louder get a cut out in the i-pipe ( what i have) it gets kinda raspy though but i don't mind because when it's raspy im usually just hauling *** so whatever . the hooker system is very good and i highly recomend it with lt's and an ory.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
You want a quiet exhuast and you're looking at a LOUDmouth
what a great contribution, as always.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would go with the dual/dual. A guy around here has one on his and it sounds great. Very smooth, no drone.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

And I do know what he is saying about the Magnaflow.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

yeah magnaflow is also a good exhaust, had it on my old T/A not as loud as the LM but still sounds good
Old 03-09-2006, 11:16 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

how much interior resonance would be removed by cutting in a Loudmouth II muffler in place of the Loudmouth I ??? I rarely drive the car anymore but the interior resonance can be annoying at times. Any other suggestions for toning down interior noise with a Loudmouth I ?
Old 03-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Launching!

I had the loudmouth on my car and I started to lose my hearing. In fact, I still have a hard time hearing some times, but it has gotten better now that I changed it to the D/D. I must say that I do miss it every once in a while, but I really like the D/D. It is mildly quite (even with cam, headers, ORY), but it has a good note when getting on it IMO.

I have made a lot of exhaust mistakes since I bought this car, this is my 4th or 5th exhaust. So, make sure you dont buy something b/c it is a little cheaper than what you really want. If want something else, such as I wanted the GMMG but was to cheap to buy it, then just save up a little longer and you will be more happy in the long run.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Teching In

I have a plain old LM on my car. The drone on my car has subsided much (interior noise levels) since I accidently came aross an area that allows noise to get inside the interior.
On my car, on the drivers side rear interior quarter panel area, underneath that black plastic cover, there is a rectangular box that allows internal cabinet air pressure to equalize and or exhaust. This area once I inclosed it more, keep internal noise down, thus reducing the drone.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

Well I like the sound of the LM on idle and slow cruising....it's when you start to step on it that it starts to rattle and becomes annoying. I dont have LM on my car but I have heard them. I figured the LMII would take care of the annoying parts but still have a nice rumble on idle. I think LMII is probably still too loud though.

Magnaflow is out because another guy I know put one on his LT1 SS with LTs and an ORY and it is not bad on idle, but revving it sounds crappy. I know it's an LT1 and not an LS1, but I've always thought LT1 sounded nicer and if it doesnt on that car then it wont on mine. Plus, the chrome tips are too 4x4ish.

I just listened to the clip of the Stainless Works chambered and it sounds nice but they didnt say if the car had any other exhaust work besides catback.

The other problem I'm up against here is my QTP ORY is a 4" collector with a reducer to 3.5", so unless I go with the Mufflex system or the Stainless Works chambered, I'll have to do some adapting since most everything is 3".
Old 03-09-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

But its not as loud as a true dual setup. I had the loudmouth and it wasnt bad (17 years old,i like it loud) Now i have true duals and its just a lil bit louder
Old 03-09-2006, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

If the LM2 sounds like a "Borla mouth" I wouldnt get it. LM is the very last on my exhaust choices.

SLP Dual Dual muffler is an awesome choice that you can find for cheap. Might need some tips to make it look nice, but it's not a bad muffler. I personally love my B&B Triflow. Still not sure why you dont like the GMMG (my 2nd fav), but I do know some say it gets loud and slightly raspy with no cats, but it's still better than a LM.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love my loudmouth2 and dont think its to loud at all!!! Anywho you can always get LM2 and swap out the muffler it comes with for a bullet style one or sumthing else.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:17 PM
12 Second Club

I like GMMG, but not without cats...then it gets too loud....sounds reat with stock manifolds and y pipe though.

I had a dual/dual muffler on my previous car and I liked the sound a lot. The main thing is it needs to be mellow and have hidden tips...so in the case of the d/d I'd have to do my own tips.

I keep going back to the Mufflex though. A friend of mine has the 4" kit on his 88 GTA. He has a built small block that puts 425 to the wheels and his car sounds awesome. It was very loud when he passed me under wot, but on idle and slow cruising it was exactly what I want. I just wonder if there will be a big difference in sound between the cars since the engines are different or if they will be about the same.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:35 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

can the loudmouth II "muffler" be cut-in to an original loudmouth? Is it worth it?
Old 03-10-2006, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99ssleeper
I like GMMG, but not without cats...then it gets too loud....sounds reat with stock manifolds and y pipe though.

I had a dual/dual muffler on my previous car and I liked the sound a lot. The main thing is it needs to be mellow and have hidden tips...so in the case of the d/d I'd have to do my own tips.

I keep going back to the Mufflex though. A friend of mine has the 4" kit on his 88 GTA. He has a built small block that puts 425 to the wheels and his car sounds awesome. It was very loud when he passed me under wot, but on idle and slow cruising it was exactly what I want. I just wonder if there will be a big difference in sound between the cars since the engines are different or if they will be about the same.

If the mufflex is the one that comes with the Spin Tech muffler, it's an awesome choice. Thou I've only heard it with a 3" muffler not a 4".