Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just ordered pacesetter LTs and off road Y

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just ordered pacesetter LTs and off road Y

I just ordered my pacesetters lts along with the offroad Y pipe Headers coated...the shop ima take it to is gonna make my extensions it seems like he does very good work he has cars flying from everywere just to get there cars worked on by him anyways ima have no cats and I'm just gonna leave the factory exhaust for now its the slp package center exhaust kit not the loudmouth just the factory one what do u guys think? Oh and he said that the check engine light is gonna come on...will it go away if tune the car? Thnx
Old 03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

good choice on headers, you will love them! You probably have the SLP Dual/Dual system which i believe quite a few ss's have out of the factory.

You will either need some o2 simulators which can be found at a sponser----->
or find a shop of some sort that can tune the rear o2 sensor out. I would recomend a tune, considering i got mine done for 75 bucks and o2 sims are around 80 or so depending on where you get them.

I also got him to do some other things besides just taking out the emissions codes. (all the SES light is doing is letting you know something has changed with the exhaust from factory settings, you won't loose any performance)
However, it is still highly recommended.

Good luck with the headers!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Thanks man well see how it goes
Old 03-09-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

plus the tune will get the most outta your headers, and i dont know about the guy making the O2 extensions i would recommend getting the plug in ones they sell at alot of our sponsored sites and have one less thing to worry about since the do it yourself wired up ones dont do so good. and if you do get the 12 inch for the drivers side and 24 inch for the passenger you will see why when you plug them in lol.