Impactguns.com?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Impactguns.com?

Has anyone here delt with Impactguns.com before? I've been looking at a Romanian AK47 for $219.99. That is CHEAP as hell. I'm wondering if there is anything wrong with 'em... I want to get a rifle that's really fun to shoot at the range. I would probably get this with a 30rnd. magazine. (yes, i realize it says low capacity magazines only. Is there something that keeps me from using high capacity magazines on it?)

Link:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/RI1165-N.html

edit:

nevermind about the 30rnd magazine on this gun, i see that it only accepts single stack mags. Well, I would get the AK that uses hi cap. mags (~$300)

Last edited by Chadder; 03-10-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Launching!

bump...help???
Old 03-10-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Resident

I'll help ya!

FYI there are more than 1 Romanian AK.

This particular one is a WASR. The WASR is ok, although its finish isnt all that great, and they sometimes have a canted front sight.

The other Romanian AK style rifle that was mass produced for commercial use was the SAR. The SAR is a great rifle for the money, but sadly they dont make them anymore.

But the really good Romanian ****, is the rifles they use for their own military. Which can be bought in "kits" for about $100 right now, but youll have to furnish a reciever and build it yourself, or have it built. They are top quality as far as Romanian stuff goes. They are generally surplus rifles, that had their reciever cut in half by torch so they could be imported over here.

Ok, now back to the WASR. It will make a good "**** hits the fan" rifle. It will be durable and reliable, but it wont be the most accurate AK(although its plenty accurate to hit a man @ 100 yards), or anywhere near the prettiest.

All WASR's are imported by Century Arms as 10 rounders (single stack) rifles. Century has what some on AK forums joke as being "blind monkeys" that open up the magwells with basically a dremel. Thats the only difference between the $320 30rnd WASR and the (what used to be) $180 WASR.

Look at this website: http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

It addresses the problems of the canted sight, the crappy trigger groups, and opening up the magwell (last one on the tutorial list) for 30 round mags.

If you are lucky, you will get one without a canted front sight(which can be fixed anyways). So just polish up the trigger group a little, open up the magwell, and you'll have yourself a good SHTF rifle.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Heres my AK.... its a Romanian AK-47, 7.62 round, SAR1....got it for $300. Came with 30rd and 40rd mag with sling and 2 stocks. Got the 75rd mag for $80.
Attached Thumbnails Impactguns.com?-mvc-329f.jpg  
Old 03-11-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got an SAR-1 (7.62x39mm) and an SAR-2 (5.45x39mm). my only complaint is that they dont have bayonet lugs on them. they would definatley be my SHTF weapon of choice since my done up M4 /w eotech is unreliable.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info guys. I'll see if i can find an SAR-1.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

Good luck. Look for them at gunshows, or online on GunBroker.

Also, watch the classifieds at AKfiles.com or Gunsnet.net classifieds. Infact, I just looked at the gunsnet.net classifieds and someone just sold a SAR1 with black synthetic stocks for $350 (he was in TX too).

Also look at the page I linked to in my first post. It tells you the differences between SAR 1 2 and 3. SAR1 is probably the one you'll want since it shoots the cheaper, original 7.62x39 ammo.

But if you want to spend some cash on a really good stamped reciever rifle, check out an Armory USA. Built here in Houston.

Ordnance Outsellers has some decent prices on these: http://www.ordnanceoutsellers.com/index.htm
Old 03-11-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also check atlanticfirearms.com, auctionarms.com, and the AK forum on ar15.com
Old 03-11-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
also check atlanticfirearms.com, auctionarms.com, and the AK forum on ar15.com
atlantic has the krinkov ak47 pistol i want