Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

who's got these lenses on with halos??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who's got these lenses on with halos??????

whats up guys wanted to buy these corner lenses along with some halos but wanted to see if anyone had this same set up yet? here is the link to see the lenses black euro lenses thanks for any replies.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

I might have to get some of those.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

alot of people have the smoked ones and halos like this

Old 03-11-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Im ordering me a pair of those smoked clear corners next chance I get. That will put me onto my 4th pair of clear corners, good thing these things are cheap. lol
Old 03-11-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
Im ordering me a pair of those smoked clear corners next chance I get. That will put me onto my 4th pair of clear corners, good thing these things are cheap. lol
With your color and rims I'd stick w/ the clears vs the smoked ones.

Just personally speaking, with the chrome/polish around the lights, and the chrome rims the clears flow perfectly. Unless you've got a black stripe, or some more black going on I wouldnt change the lenses you've got (at least if they're still the same from the pic in sig).
Old 03-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

nice pix guys, keep em comin
Old 03-12-2006, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have some similar ones:

Got them from ebay, but as of now I dont know if I would recommend them or not. At first they fogged up on the inside from temp difference, then they leaked. PITA.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zymosis
I have some similar ones:

Got them from ebay, but as of now I dont know if I would recommend them or not. At first they fogged up on the inside from temp difference, then they leaked. PITA.
F@*K!!! I just bought those, Do they leak/fog really bad? I havent installed them on my car.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got those too. The lens is clear, not smoked, it's just that the housing is black.

And yeah, mine leaked too after the first car wash, had to resort to this....

By the way, the little bulb plugs into a grey receptacle, I took a permanent marker (Sharpie) and made it black so it won't stick out like a sore thumb

Run a bead of silicone around them and let it dry for 24 hours before you install them. Also, once installed, you might want to put some silicone around the plug that holds the big bulb coz on my set, that plug was really loose fitting into the housing which is where the leak comes from.

Oh, and be sure you seat the big bulb properly, it should click twice, if it doesn't, the bulb will work but will be too close to the bottom of the housing and will cause it to melt. I also didn't use the bulbs that came with the clear corner lenses, I replaced them with Silverstars....they are pricey but much cooler looking

Manny
Old 03-12-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I have done all of that. Hell I replied on one of your threads telling you to do that

I dont know why one of them is leaking like a bitch. I may call the company come monday, and see what can be done.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Those corner lights look good. I think I will be ordering a set.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zymosis
Yeah, I have done all of that. Hell I replied on one of your threads telling you to do that

I dont know why one of them is leaking like a bitch. I may call the company come monday, and see what can be done.

Yeah man...that was a great idea, worked like a charm. Would have given you credit for it if I would have remembered your name...
Old 03-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Default hey its josh whats up

i got news for you, you can order them, but be prepared to wait because i tried to get the black halos for my car, and no one ever had them in stock. but they really dont look that good i perfer the chrome ones they look clean as hell man.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I have the same ones as well.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

those look pretty cool
Old 03-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

how hard were they to install? I tried taking one out the other day and I couldn't get it out at all.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Just take your time. They are easier to put in than take out.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1/srt
how hard were they to install? I tried taking one out the other day and I couldn't get it out at all.
Yeah they are a pain in the *** to take out, but Ive done it so many times (many flooded clear corners, Im on my 3rd pair right now) that they come out pretty easy now. Ive always just put a little muscle behind it and I bent the little piece of metal (that I believe the fasica mounts to) a tiny bit to get that millimeter of clearance I need to get the edge of the corner lense out.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
Yeah they are a pain in the *** to take out, but Ive done it so many times (many flooded clear corners, Im on my 3rd pair right now) that they come out pretty easy now. Ive always just put a little muscle behind it and I bent the little piece of metal (that I believe the fasica mounts to) a tiny bit to get that millimeter of clearance I need to get the edge of the corner lense out.
so do you pull them out front of the bumper, or through the trap door undreneath, do you have to remove the headlamp and pull them out from the top? please elaborate.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1/srt
so do you pull them out front of the bumper, or through the trap door undreneath, do you have to remove the headlamp and pull them out from the top? please elaborate.
I always get to my corners through the top. Some people, strange people, like to go through the trouble of doing stuff through the bottom. I just pull out the headlights and have a clear view of my corners. Then I take out the mounting screws and bolts for the corners and start wiggling it around until the only part that I cant get out is the tapered edge of the lense. Its literally like less than a milimeter of clearance that the freakin corner wont be able to get past that edge of the fasica thing. So sometimes I get pissed and just yank on it really hard (never have damaged the lense in the process of doing that) and it will come out. Other times I just get some pliers and bend the edge that sticks out back a little so I can get a little more room to pull it out. Theres a few ways to do it, but regardless, it wont come out without a little bit of coersion.

Quick Reply: who's got these lenses on with halos??????