Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weiand Intake Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weiand Intake Install

I am installing an aluminum Weiand intake and noticed that there are 2 tapped holes in the back next to the MAP opening. Any body know if they are needed or should i just plug them? Also, the opening for the MAP sensor is way smaller than the stock one. Where can I get a MAP that will fit and work with my stock wiring.?
Thanx in advance for any help! DK
Old 03-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

TTT.....guess no one has had this issue......? Thanx
Old 03-14-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The map will fit the hole,and the other ones if there around 1/2" pipe thread its for your brake booster you can go to any parts store a get a brass barb pipe fitting to conect the brake booster hose to,and the smaller one is for extra vacuum.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
The map will fit the hole,and the other ones if there around 1/2" pipe thread its for your brake booster you can go to any parts store a get a brass barb pipe fitting to conect the brake booster hose to,and the smaller one is for extra vacuum.
Thanx for the reply Randy!! I was thinking that the large plug that the MAP sensor [I]plugs into was one piece! Duh...got the sensor out of the big ugly plug and found that the hole in the Weiand intake is actually .030 inch larger than the stock manifold. That would probably be a vacuum leak problem! And obviously it attaches very differently. I will need to be creative, but at least I am on the right track now! DK
Old 03-16-2006, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Post back up with your creative idea.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

I know what you meen, I used the black RTV the good stuff, It work like a charm. with no vavuum leak at all for over three years now . Just dont get any in the little hole on the map senser ,it will plug it up.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Addict

as far as bolting the map senser ,i used little washers to shim between the senser and the intake and the senser ,because the weiand intake dont have a stand off for the senser to rest on to bolt it down with out crilling it or binding it.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
I know what you meen, I used the black RTV the good stuff, It work like a charm. with no vavuum leak at all for over three years now . Just dont get any in the little hole on the map senser ,it will plug it up.
that high temp black RTV is the shittt, very useful and needed for alottttta things