Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need ory for slp

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need ory for slp

who makes a ory for slp longtubes i don't really have cash for true duals.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

slp..
Old 03-12-2006, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Just FYI I don't have any mods yet myself but from reading what folks have said around here the SLP's are overrated... you'd be better off with Pacesetters, Kooks or Jet-Hots, LT's are LT's in terms of power and the SLP's are overpriced.

But, if you've already bought the SLP headers, I also have heard that it is best to match up the ORY with the same brand of headers or you might have fitment problems.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

i already have their longtubes they came with the car, i have a slp catted y, but i want the car louder plus i'm putting in a magic stick. does slp just sell a ory by it self, i heard they only do packages.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Then yes I am pretty sure they sell the ORY individually.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

I dont wanna be mr.negative but, if i remember correctly SLP used to be the only place to get performance stuff for the ls1, but that was back in the day, they just never took the time to update their product (headers) they cashed in back then and thats what they are all about. cant blame them I guess.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do people search before posting? i know its working for me i dont know about anyone else. this is the same question that has been asked in 3 diff threads in the last day and a half.....

btw slp sells or pipes to go in the place of the cats on their y pipe. i forget but one of the sponsors does as well.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
do people search before posting? i know its working for me i dont know about anyone else. this is the same question that has been asked in 3 diff threads in the last day and a half.....

btw slp sells or pipes to go in the place of the cats on their y pipe. i forget but one of the sponsors does as well.

SEARCH ISNT WORKING FOR ME, KEEPS TIMING OUT
Old 03-12-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dameter21
i already have their longtubes they came with the car, i have a slp catted y, but i want the car louder plus i'm putting in a magic stick. does slp just sell a ory by it self, i heard they only do packages.
Just remove the cats from the SLP catted Y-pipe, and put test-pipes in their place. I'm still running the SLP LTs on my car, and have the SLP Y-pipe with the cats removed. The SLPs flow just as good as the Pacesetters and Hookers, but the passenger's side header hangs down really low. If you're not planning on lowering it, and they're on the car then I say use them. Hell, I paid $400 for barely used SLP LTs and ORY 5 years ago. Sure they're not the best headers made for our cars, but at that time the deal was too good to pass up. Not a bad deal for stainless steel, coated LTs either. Of course I'd never pay full price for them. When I get the money I'm buying some stepped QTPs, but until then the SLPs are working fine. I'm running the Magic Stick v3 with SLP LTs, LS6 intake (was running), bolt-ons and put down 401 rwhp through a 9" with 315s on the back.