Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Factory Hurst to Comp Plus Hurst in 02 WS6

Old 03-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Factory Hurst to Comp Plus Hurst in 02 WS6

Just wanted to give my reaction from switching my shifters out. I went from the factory Hurst to the comp plus Hurst shifter with the chrome stick. My reaction... MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! I never knew I was being held back that much. To be honest with ya I feel I picked up power just from changing shifters. Now honestly I know it didn't add power but it would change reaction times. The 1st to 2nd shift was greatly improved just as well if not better then the 2nd to 3rd many of us M6 owners commonly miss. I bought the chrome stick for the nostalgia part. I really miss Dad's old 68 Vette with the chrome Hurst. It really looks cool in my WS6 and I love the Hurst logo engraved on the side of the angled stick. A positive investment that looks like stock equipment. My question is why didn't GM just offer these shifters im place of the really sloppy OEM Hurst shifters????

Semper Fi,

Rob

PS:
Mods, years ago we had a section on the site to give your thoughts on new mods. Its been so long I didn't realize it was done away with. I guess this is in the right place ?!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was wondering if it was worth upgrading in our 02. Id love the chrome stick, and the black or white shift ball.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so you not only replaced the orig shifter but the handle too. In honesty you made 2 changes at once . A shorter( shorter than factory Hurst) throw shifter AND a shorter, non isolated, handle. The true shifter (alone) comparison would be with the factory handle. Although some, ther is not alot of throw difference. The Comp plus Hurst adds more spring load side -to -side/ cross gate also.

Search this Thread