Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

A4 --> M6. I'm done, have 3 questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4 --> M6. I'm done, have 3 questions.

This is for an LT1, but the problems could be for LS1 too, so please chime in.

OK, I finished the swap last night. We worked on it all Sat and all Sun. Weird stuff happened, as is common on my car.

1. When we finished, the MAF is going crazy. The car would start GREAT, turn over hard, but then die after 2 sseconds, maybe less. Only code being thrown was 100--MAF malfunction. We never touched it, it came out as a whole with the air filter and elbow. Whats with this? I have a friend with a 95 LT1 and I am going to try to swap MAFs for a minute and see if his throws the code. Any other suggestions? Car running RICH because of it.

2. Weird tinging noise coming from under the car. High pitch, constant, not variable with speed or RPM. Mainly on startup. Just throw out some ideas on that one.

3. Trunk wont open! I have remote trunk, and neither the key fob or the button under the steering wheel will open it. I have smooth locks, and am trying not to remove them to get in. Things I've tried: unplugging it and back in, pushing the clutch in then pushing it, turning car on then pushing it, nothing works! Why is this? I was thinking that the car wants to be in park, but it has a M6 computer, so it shouldn't be looking for park.

Other than that, everything is great. It was a PITA, but it runs HARD now. Here's what all got done:

oil change (that 15,000 mile stuff...we'll see)
fuel filter
new radiator and flush -- my $200 mistake
A4 -- M6 swap

Not bad for a weekend! I don't have a new car, just a lot of new parts!
Old 03-14-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1 ?
2 ? Maybe TO bearing or TO system
3: have you modified the harness? It's necessary to have the trunk release working.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Herron just fyi your link for ttop conversions doesn't work.. too much bandwidth you should find another place to host it.