Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Exterior Scheme Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior Scheme Help

Hey guys,l i need some help choosing my exterior theme. im going to put some minor changes on the outside just to break it up a little bit. i was thinking about the sportmax rims (pics below) but i cant decide which ones to get. here is what i want to do for the time being, i want to do the CETA in matte black finish, matte black fender stripes, ( you know, the ones that gofrom the wheel well to the hood? i cant find any pics right now, but when i do, i will post them, or if someone knows of some, hook me up!) And possibly some small matte black font on the hood. here is the pic of a red ta with the sportmax wheels, with gunmetal finish:

they also come in just silver like this:

so what do you guys think? give me some input!! im trying to upgrade my appearance without going over around 600 dollars, thats why im going with the sportmax rims for now.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the silver ones look good. i don't like the gunmetal ones tho. the ceta in matte is a good choice. i would !Door Emblems if you go with the stripes
Old 03-13-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I prefer the look of the polished wheels also, ...
And the stripes that I believe you are referring to are call 'Grand Sport' stripes.
Originated on the Grand Sport Corvettes. Seen them on Camaro's & they're not too bad, but IMO, I don't think they belong on a Firebird, ...
Do the !molding on the side of the car, ..., that'll make a big difference in cleaning up the sides.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:39 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
I prefer the look of the polished wheels also, ...
And the stripes that I believe you are referring to are call 'Grand Sport' stripes.
Originated on the Grand Sport Corvettes. Seen them on Camaro's & they're not too bad, but IMO, I don't think they belong on a Firebird, ...
Do the !molding on the side of the car, ..., that'll make a big difference in cleaning up the sides.
Agree about the rims and stripes (though the 10 bolt hole rims look a little Sport Compact Car-ish).

Curious why so many advocate removeing the side trim. Isn't it Trans Am tradition to get in peoples faces about what it is? Since we don't have a Phoenix on the hood, and don't have the huge "Trans Am" across the back (no spoler to write it on), this is sorta the next best thing, isn't it? Sort of like the 4th Gen version of it.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Actually ive already debadged it. !door gaurd and !emblems. also has the slp h.o hood. forgot to mention that
Old 03-13-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the info hpp on the grand sport. you guys dont think that would look good on a trans am?

in a different color of course. there are some guys with t/a's on this site with them, i jsut cant remember who.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the rims, but I don't think GS stripes would look good
Old 03-13-2006, 02:10 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I personally don't care for them on Trans Ams. They are a Corvette thing, and really only on C2s and C4s which were intended to have them.

There's someone here with a Pewter (the slightly gold color) with black GS stripes that I see in a lot of the pic threads. It's not hideous, I just think it looks better without them.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

I would go with those rims in the gun metal finish and get all the overlays to match that gun metal color. !SideMolding is great.......get some blackouts.....you'll have a sleek and clean car.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

i was thinking about doing the black out on the tails, hadnt decided though.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you can go either way with the rims (black or those silver ones), but don't do the stripes. I was going to paint some on my ride, but the contours on the fenders are a bit too flared out and nothing looks straight on them. I say keep it clean with just some subtle touches.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

heres 785ta's sig pic (785ta, if you dont want me to use you pic, pm me and ill take it down immeadiatly) i think the stripes look good. anyone else?

Old 06-02-2006, 05:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Im late but its all good.........