LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

new msd cap and rotor...now a slight miss

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new msd cap and rotor...now a slight miss

my water pump went out the other day,so i replaced it.and i figured since the pump is of i might as well do a cap and rotor at the same time.it was a good thing i did too,cuz it looked like crap.any way,i was at a stop light, took off then coasted in second for a while(i was in traffic) and i went to speed up and it sumbled for a second(couple small jerks) i was running at about 1000rpm's so i didnt punch it i just gave it quarter throttle.it does it in 1st and 4th that iv'e felt at low rpm.haven't tried the other's

what the hell could it be?it was dark so i havent looked at the plugs and wires yet it could be those 2(i have headers).or could it be the coil also?i don't know but it agravates me cuz i just did a msd cap and rotor and i hope its not that.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

It could be several possibilites. First check your wires for burn. I had a similar problem after I installed my msd box. The box actually destroyed the ac platinum plugs. It took me forever to figure it out because everything was new (opti, cap, rotor, coil, wires, and plugs). I switched over to denso iridiums and it has been great ever since. I did get rid of my cap, rotor, and msd shortly after and went to the delteq setup. Hope this helps you.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Launching!

i wish i had the money for the delteq system.when i do get the money thats next or i'll save it for my heads from lloyd

Quick Reply: new msd cap and rotor...now a slight miss