Has anyone picked up the new Ghost Recon for Xbox or Xbox 360

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone picked up the new Ghost Recon for Xbox or Xbox 360

I haven't bought a xbox 360 yet so I picked up the new GR game for the regular xbox and it's nothing like the previous games. It's not all that great. I think I might slap it on ebay. Has anyone else bought it? How about the GR for 360 version. What are the pro's and con's on that version?
Old 03-14-2006, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the 360 version is pretty badass, it looks like they fixed all things I didnt like about the previous games. and the graphics kick some serious ***.

Josh
Old 03-14-2006, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DesertFox
the 360 version is pretty badass, it looks like they fixed all things I didnt like about the previous games. and the graphics kick some serious ***.

Josh
Traded in a couple 360 games for GR, awesome game & graphics. Blazing Angels comes out the 22nd & looks like a good WWII fighter plane game, been waiting for half a year for Oblivion, it's going to top the charts I think, they put a lot of effort in it. You definitely need to get a 360. Hoping they'll do a Forza Motorsports for 360.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

One of my gamer bud's got it for the old xbox and he said it SUCKS ***!

He was excited about them releasing it for the xbox 1 and rushed out to get
it, but was dissapointed, and said that it seems like they ignored the xbox
version, or that the xbox just couldn't do things that the 360 can do,
so it can't be up to it's full potential on the xbox.. He's forced to buy the 360
now because he's a ghost recon freak!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:10 AM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

I bought it for my 360 last Friday, pretty good game. The graphics and shading are nicer looking than COD2 and the maps seem to be a little more open, not as restricted. Some stupid stuff like the VIPs you are guarding stand straight up against a wall while you and your guys are taking cover and shooting. That and an M113 taking out M1A1 tanks isn't really that accurate, hell the Apaches with a mounted 50cal will take out a tank on the game. Also the mexican snipers just plain suck! They never get a kill shot and you can take them out with regular old machine gun fire. Haven't tried online play yet, but have heard it's way better than COD2s (which I don't really like compared to Black Hawk Down).
Old 03-14-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I play the Xbox 360 version of GR at my friends house alot and its a pretty good game. I can't decide if I like GR or Call of Duty better. I like the fact that the stages are bigger than Call of Duty but I think C.O.D has better graphics and it aims alot better than GR.

The other two things I like is that if you play online you can have up to 4 people play from one Xbox compared to C.O.D which only allows one and you can have up to 16 players online and C.O.D only allows 8.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:57 AM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
I play the Xbox 360 version of GR at my friends house alot and its a pretty good game. I can't decide if I like GR or Call of Duty better. I like the fact that the stages are bigger than Call of Duty but I think C.O.D has better graphics and it aims alot better than GR.

The other two things I like is that if you play online you can have up to 4 people play from one Xbox compared to C.O.D which only allows one and you can have up to 16 players online and C.O.D only allows 8.
Not a big fan of the aiming on COD2, makes it too easy IMO. That and not having any control of your other players kind of gives me the feeling I'm along for the ride.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

i heard ghost recon for 360 is really sweet, and has immaculate graphics
Old 03-14-2006, 11:30 AM
12 Second Club

My bro got it, and him and his friend stayed up 6hrs playing. They said it was badass.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shinerbock07
i heard ghost recon for 360 is really sweet, and has immaculate graphics
indeed it is, got a little farther tonight, man you've got to get the boxing game it's fun as **** and has killer graphics...Fight Night
Old 03-15-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RedLT4Mike
One of my gamer bud's got it for the old xbox and he said it SUCKS ***!

He was excited about them releasing it for the xbox 1 and rushed out to get
it, but was dissapointed, and said that it seems like they ignored the xbox
version, or that the xbox just couldn't do things that the 360 can do,
so it can't be up to it's full potential on the xbox.. He's forced to buy the 360
now because he's a ghost recon freak!

OH YEA! I just got a xbox 360 from ebay. Payed $430 for the premium system. Ghost Recon here I come! I'm like your friend. I'm a huge GR freak, so that's what motivated me to buy the 360.

GR for the regular xbox is fun to play, but the artificial intelligence sucks ***. What eats me up is that you can only play mission. There's no firefights or recons to chose from. Plus the online gaming sucks. Co- op is restricted to 2 players. I was very disappointed. Anyway, I'm selling my xbox now that I have a 360 on it's way. I look forward to playing ghost recon and call of duty. Both games look awesome.