Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Perf. Billet intermediate and overdrive servos?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jet Perf. Billet intermediate and overdrive servos?

OK....this isn't F-body related, but is a valid tranny question. I swapped in Jet's billet servos in my trans and it shifts awesome....but I was reading a post from a trans. builder that doesn't recommend anything over a corvette servo. I have done nothing to the trans except a deep alum. pan and the kit. I even left the values alone in EFI Live. Any chance of toasting the trans? And yes...this is in the Blazer in the sig. I don't want to set myself up for a meltdown...I just want to tow my trailer
Old 03-14-2006, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

it is a 4L60E...any takers???
Old 03-14-2006, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

The problem with the Billet servos is that I believe there is a chance of breaking the anchor on the "stock" band off. If you are going to use Billet servos then a band with a reinforced anchor is recommended, like that from Alto. Dana at Pro-built doesn't use anything more than the Corvette servo and has done so very sucessfully.

Sean
Old 03-14-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

yeah, the rumors about the billet servos is punching a hole through the band and pulling the band out of the anchors in the case. i use the billet 2nd gear servo in my trans. when i take it back out soon, i'll check the band and anchors. then, i'll most likely be putting the 4th gear servo in as well.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

I hope this isn't an issue....other wise I'll be going to JET for a new tranmission. I'd hate to see a good company make a poor mistake developing a product that does more harm than good.
I myself think it is no different than increasing the line pressure with stock servos. Both methods apply more force to the bands and anchors. The bores in the servo housing haven't changed diameter, I think the billet servos are thicker and narrow the space between the apply pistons so that less fluid is required to actuate it...therfore is quickens/firms up the shift. I'm I on the right track?
Old 03-18-2006, 10:28 PM
10 Second Club

I use the billett 2 and 4 servos, But I also run an aftermarket Kevlar band with a reinforced band! (You definately know when it shifts) No problems with either of these items............yet!

If you're gonna play, sooner or later, you're gonna pay!