Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Aluminum center section...whose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Aluminum center section...whose?

Aight, here's the topic:

Aluminum center section for 9" Ford--which one is the preferred one for a street/strip/road course full weight car?

I realize that, above a certain level, a heavy car like an F-body will want a nodular section for reliability. For the purpose of this discussion , let's say this car is running a ProCharger & will be putting an absolute max of 550 to the wheels. This is a full weight car. Strip visits will be rare compared to road course vists. Sticky tires will be employed.

Most posts I have read advise against the aluminum Strange.

IIRC Strange themselves advised against the 12 bolt pumpkin for the 9" on a heavy streeter.

A good number of ppl have said the Moser will do pretty well.

I have not seen the Mark Williams center section mentioned at all, let alone how it compares in strength to the aforementioned center sections. I do know Mark Williams is quite proud of their stuff. Anyone with experience using it?

Also, any brands I have missed?
Old 03-14-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i went with the strange s casting. DLS is having a center section sale till the end of this month
Old 03-14-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strange.... 3.250" case
Old 03-15-2006, 04:18 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Moser aluminum 9" center cannot be had with the Truetrak, if that bit of info helps any. With the Moser aluminum center you either have to go with a spool or with the Auburn posi. Bob
Old 03-15-2006, 04:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Street and road course typically has no issue with the stock rear. In ORR it fairs well with nothing other than a cooler. The shock in drag racing (1.6 and less) is what typically causes the failures.