New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it better to buy the same parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Is it better to buy the same parts?

Im looking at misc. things that im using to mod up my trans am.. Is it better to use the same manufacturing companies for your mods? For example, I have a SLP cold air intake with hi-flow airbox lid and the Loudmouth exhaust. Should i get the slp headers? or doesnt it matter and it wont make a difference if i get the pacesetter headers.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't say so. There may be some things you should buy together like if they go together because some may not fit. Like pacesetter headers and then an slp y-pipe (that combo may work, but it's just an example) But I have several different parts from several different vendors on my car.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an example, I have Pacesetter LT with a tsp y-pipe, wiyh hooker cat-back, it fit together good and is from 3 different companies !
Old 03-17-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it's any better to get the same manufacturer, I've got an SLP lid pacesetter lts and y, mated to a TSP rumbler catback.
The parts should interchange regardless of the manufacturer, you may have to tweak them to fit, but you might need to do that anyway no matter if you use the same, or different makers