General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car won't start...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start...

Alright the car sat all winter in the garage with me going out there periodically to start her up and drive around the neighborhood. The day that i called the insurance to put it back to full coverage the car wouldn't start. My first thought was the battery so i pulled it out, and went to interstate and bought a new one. Put it in and still didn't start. So i figured there could always be that chance that the battery they gave me is partially dead so i puyt it on the charger. Still no help, the battery is good though becasue i hear my fuel pump kick on, all of my lights work and so does my radio.The car doesn't even begin to kick over or anything which is the weirdest thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

how much and how old is the fuel in the tank?
Old 03-18-2006, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Is your motor turning or is it turning and just not starting?
Old 03-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

motor doesn't do anything at all. the gas is satill from when i put it in there in october. had a full tank then but am now down to half after driving periodically over the winter.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your starter isnt even engaging then obviously it isnt the fuel. If its an auto is it in drive? If its a manual make sure the clutch is all the way down...sounds stupid but hell ive even made that stupid mistake before. If no problems there, you may have a starter problem or something wrong in the ignition circuit.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

try tapping on your starter with a wrench or a hammer, the starter might not be making a good connection inside, its pretty common when the springs get worn out. Check the cable connections at the starter also, could be corrosion from sitting so long.