View Full Version : Spike TV: Trucks! has a new host wtf?

IrateTA
03-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah, they just announced that we'll be introduced to "the new host of Trucks! today". WTF did they just **** up the best show on Powerblock? It airs at 1:30 today...

First they get rid of Danika, and now this :(

Jake the SSnake
03-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Yeah I heard spike tv told stacey to cut his mullet off in favor of a more "acceptable" style .So he walked instead.... :secret2:

horist
03-18-2006, 11:59 AM
does the new host have 2 first names too? :P

Camaroz
03-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! :supergay: Cut his mullet?? That'll piss Gray off :lol:

Pontiacdreamin
03-18-2006, 01:03 PM
First they get rid of Danika, and now this :(
I dont think they got rid of Danika, but they definitley messed up the only car show i still watch that they have. They turned Horsepower TV into Rice, I realized what crap C&D really was, and now they get rid of Stacey. This is close the blaspemy, i dont think ill watch the powerblock anymore.

BigBronco
03-18-2006, 01:04 PM
meh...

Trucks was the only good show they had...

Definately bullshit

5550racing
03-18-2006, 01:08 PM
meh...

Trucks was the only good show they had...

Definately bullshit
I couldn't agree more.

Charging TA
03-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Even though I dont get the show over here (overseas), I had watched that show for the past 4-6 years (not sure, but it was at least 4 years if I recall correctly)... Sad to here, that was a great show.

HPP
03-18-2006, 01:29 PM
She said there would be a new host a few weeks back. I looked for information on all the official sites, but there is none.

Kevin Tetz hosts Classic Rides on DIY. He's ok, but Trucks is Stacy's show. This is not only BS, but not providing any information is triple BS.

AronZ28
03-18-2006, 01:46 PM
They said Stacey wanted to move onto other things.

I think the Extreme 4x4 show is pretty good, Jessi is hot and can weld :)

Dustin
03-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Stacy was the most knowledgeable person on powerblock, i think they messed up. Powerblock is destined to turn into rice.

Chris95Z
03-18-2006, 02:04 PM
agreed, stacey was cool its sad to see him go, i just fear that one day an import show might show up.

GM Muscle
03-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I'm going to miss seeing Stacy on trucks. I deffinatly think that he was the best host out of all the shows, I'll be curious to see where he ends up. I think Muscle Car and Extreme are great shows though, lots of fabrication and some pretty good tech. Not just bolting on parts like you see on Horse Power.

Pontiacdreamin
03-18-2006, 02:20 PM
i just fear that one day an import show might show up.
theyve already been there and done that, the show with the twins always saying yo and man that 10 Hp sticker is wicked Yo.!

HPP
03-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I'm going to miss seeing Stacy on trucks. I deffinatly think that he was the best host out of all the shows, I'll be curious to see where he ends up. I think Muscle Car and Extreme are great shows though, lots of fabrication and some pretty good tech. Not just bolting on parts like you see on Horse Power.

I can't stand Lou and his constant yelling and trying too hard to be cool. But otherwise a good show.

Pro Stock John
03-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Any links on why Stacy will no longer be with trucks?

GM Muscle
03-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Any links on why Stacy will no longer be with trucks?

I did a quick google after I saw Powerblock and I couldn't find anything.

Lou doesn't bother me that much, the corny lines on Horse Power bother me more.

BTW: Wasn't Trucks filmed in Tenn. or somewhere like that? They put all the power block shows under one roof on the west coast right? Maybe he didn't want to make the move.

SidewaysTA
03-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe Mel is coming back to Trucks. LOL

Mike

GM Muscle
03-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Here's an explination. Looks like he's going to have his own show and run it his way.

http://www.staceydavid.com/show/show.htm

Nine Ball
03-18-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah, "cool" new hosts there. Nice Goldberg wannabe with his own wrestler voice. Both of those new hosts were shorter than the host chick :jest:

Chris95Z
03-18-2006, 02:53 PM
I can't stand Lou and his constant yelling and trying too hard to be cool. But otherwise a good show.

I know what you mean but it seems he has been mellowing out some. Both the hosts seem very skilled though so it beats watching a car dynoed after a muffler swap, sorry HP.

Ling_650vette
03-18-2006, 02:59 PM
yeah, "cool" new hosts there. Nice Goldberg wannabe with his own wrestler voice. Both of those new hosts were shorter than the host chick :jest:

You noticed his voice too? It sounded like he was trying to be hardcore and tough :jest:

I can care less if Stacy's gone. I havent cared for him in the last year or so on the show. He did some cool things, but most of the time it was just him chuckling and sayin "Now thats cool!"

s10dreamer
03-18-2006, 06:30 PM
That sucks I always enjoyed Stacy as a host. I thought something was up when they kept showing reruns.

Anybody have a rough idea about how much money they make hosting a show?
With all the new heads and wheels(etc) that they bolt on to Chuck's cars on horsepower would that come out of his pay check?

Fulton 1
03-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Here's an explination. Looks like he's going to have his own show and run it his way.

http://www.staceydavid.com/show/show.htm

Thanks for the link. Looks like a cool concept for a new show.

skewba98z28
03-18-2006, 08:51 PM
I did a quick google after I saw Powerblock and I couldn't find anything.

Lou doesn't bother me that much, the corny lines on Horse Power bother me more.

BTW: Wasn't Trucks filmed in Tenn. or somewhere like that? They put all the power block shows under one roof on the west coast right? Maybe he didn't want to make the move.

Yep it is filmed in Rivergate TN. Which is just outside of Nashville TN. Horsepower T.V. is filmed there to. I used to work at a Resto Shop on the Ky Tn line and the Indian looking guy that used to be on Horepower T.V. called the shop all the time trying to get parts. He is a Chevelle Freak. He also puts on a very fancy car show every year called Chevellabration. Before Spike came into exsistance it was called TNN (The Nashville Network) thats why the show are filmed around there.

LS69TA
03-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Yep it is filmed in Rivergate TN. Which is just outside of Nashville TN. Horsepower T.V. is filmed there to. I used to work at a Resto Shop on the Ky Tn line and the Indian looking guy that used to be on Horepower T.V. called the shop all the time trying to get parts. He is a Chevelle Freak. He also puts on a very fancy car show every year called Chevellabration. Before Spike came into exsistance it was called TNN (The Nashville Network) thats why the show are filmed around there.

Yea, Chuck is some kind of Chevelle association President or something. I'm going to miss Stacey. Trucks was my favorite show on Powerblock, however I like some of the stuff on Muscle Car though. The white guy used to work for Troy Trepanier. Horsepower pretty much sucks, but Extreme 4x4 isn't too bad. I wonder how Courtney Hansen likes her new job as Powerblock hostess? She should have stuck with Overhaulin'.

Villain281H
03-18-2006, 09:44 PM
This sucks, Stacey was great on trucks. Seems they have to shake things up but will probably end up regreting it in the future.

Chuck Hansen is president of ACES (American Chevelle Enthusiasts Society) and is definately a Chevelle nut. He has quite a few Chevelles among other cars and trucks. Very knowledgable too, spoken with him a few times on Chevelles.

Derek

HPP
03-19-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't get the anti-HPTV stance that seems to prevail here. Even if the show is run by the sponsors and the projects don't result in the power they might, it's still an entertaining show, with 2 guys who have good onscreen presence, spinning wrenches on American cars. The banter is fun too.

I'll have to see how bad Kevin that that other guy are on Trucks tomorrow (missed it today). I'm not a truck guy at all, but Stacy was so cool, and plain fun to watch as a host, that was probably my favorite show on the Power Block.

I miss the days of Shadetree Mechanic/Chrank and Chrome, My Classic Car, and Hod Rod TV (or whatever it was called). And C&D TV was good with the previous host. That young guy that replaced him was a doofus. :)

technical
03-19-2006, 12:31 AM
I like watching Extreme 4X4 when they blur a portion of the screen because Jesse is showing butt crack. :lol:

Nine Ball
03-19-2006, 12:58 AM
hahah, I noticed that too. They are limiting our crack!

1bdbrd
03-19-2006, 01:26 AM
i loved watching trucks. so much of the tech on that show is universal between cars and trucks. i actually learned something on that show vs the other crap on the powerblock. now that stacey is gone, danica is gone, HPTV pretty muchs sucks, Extreme 4x4 is ok but nothing like what Trucks was, i have a feeling i wont be watching much powerblock anymore.

i signed up on staceys website to recieve updates about the show. also added to the email how much i loved watching his show. and how i hoped the new show is more technical vs a 30 minute commercial like most other automotive shows had turned into.

IH8RICE
03-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Don't get me wrong, Stacey is very talented with what he can do with a truck, but I always thought he was a dork with the way he'd describe things and act. It could be worse, they could've brought that rainbow warrior Mel Fair back, so I'm not going to complain(yet). So far, my favorite show on the Powerblock is Extreme 4x4 and its not just because of Jessi. I'm really into the type of stuff they show on that TV show. Plus, Jessi isn't what I would consider hot, but she is attractive and she knows her stuff. MuscleCar bores me to sleep. I can't stand Lou because of what has already been said. He tries too hard to act cool and he isn't remotely close to being cool and that other guy is a freakin robot, just like Danica is. But, as far as the Powerblock host goes, I'm happy as long as they don't bring back that dolt Michelle Spaziano.

Ling_650vette
03-19-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't get the anti-HPTV stance that seems to prevail here. Even if the show is run by the sponsors and the projects don't result in the power they might, it's still an entertaining show, with 2 guys who have good onscreen presence, spinning wrenches on American cars. The banter is fun too.

I'll have to see how bad Kevin that that other guy are on Trucks tomorrow (missed it today). I'm not a truck guy at all, but Stacy was so cool, and plain fun to watch as a host, that was probably my favorite show on the Power Block.

I miss the days of Shadetree Mechanic/Chrank and Chrome, My Classic Car, and Hod Rod TV (or whatever it was called). And C&D TV was good with the previous host. That young guy that replaced him was a doofus. :)

Shit, 9 times outta 10 its Chuck and the younger guy doing installs with the other guy standing back, waiting to install wheels or batteries and those corny ass lines they use...:jest:

"Oh, you guys need help with that cam? Man, thats too much of a lift for this old boy. I'll wait till you need a jump, and install that battery"

BizZzatch350
03-19-2006, 12:05 PM
He built a couple cool projects, that Chevy truck called copper head was one, but Spike in general is just parts pusher. Horse Powers 94 Z was evidence of that, lets put the crappiest parts on we can find because our sponsors want them on.

kyles2000z
03-19-2006, 01:22 PM
man i loved watchin that show with stacey......now ill only watch CCR (CHop Cut Rebuild) on sppedvision. even though that show has rice, they always have 5 projects goin on at once, and cover a different aspect of each build until all the cars and finished. and they show the stuff that other shows dont show, they actually reveal what its really like to build a car. in no way shape or form does it look easy, like all the other shows make it look.