Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

T/A seat, need to adjust for lower back

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 02:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T/A seat, need to adjust for lower back

I couldn't figure out where to put this, but the category said interior so here goes:

I have 02 T/a with power leather seat and lumbar support. I can't seem to get it comfortable. It is either my lower back gets sore, or my head is hitting the ttop. I have a 97 Z/28 and the seat is extremely comfortable so I think it is just needs to be tweaked a bit.

Any tips or pointers on how to get the seat so my lower back won't get sore? I don't wan't to cause long term effects or anything.

Anyone else having problems with this seat?

BTW, 6'2''
Old 03-19-2006, 02:26 AM
TECH Resident

I used to have the same problem lol I'd find the perfect combination of seat adjustments and then the tools at the garage would readjust everything when I took it in to get warranted work and oil changes.
This is going to sound weird but heres what I do.
I'm not terribly tall so my seat is fairly forward.
I put the seat all the way up and then decline it 2 notches.
I tilt the seat so that my knees are pushed towards the steering wheel slightly. Since you're taller than I am you'll have to have your seat further back and probably tilt the front higher than I do.
I have the lumbar fully deflated, and then start inflating it just to the point where I begin to feel it. Then I inflate the side supports till its comfortably snug.
Odd ritual, laugh if you must but I dont get lower back aches anymore on long cruises.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

dementia hit it on the spot. Just gotta mess around with it. It took me abotu 30 minutes after I bought mine to get the seat just how I wanted it. A few weeks ago I was cleaning the carpets and accidently hit my damn power seat buttons and messed up the configuration. Spent another 30 minutes getting it just right again.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

LOL people think im nuts when I spend time like that just trying to adjust the seat but its Oh So necessary.

Quick Reply: T/A seat, need to adjust for lower back