Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too much? 99 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Too much? 99 Z28

alright. i found a 1999 Z28 forsale with 87XXX miles on it. 6 spd, t-tops, ac cloth power drivers seat, pioneer HU, 760 watt amp with 10 in sub, monsoon factory speakers/amp. no cd changer. The car has a bad powersteering pump, a crack in th ebottom of the drivers fender in the back, some scratches in the paint, look like they have been buffed in dirt, new tires, somebody cut the stock muffler off it and welded the pipes together, chrome factory 5 stars. he wants 9000 for it. i was thinking of offering him 8000. what do you think?
Old 03-19-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7k..body work is expensive. not to mention its a 99...so its lacking the ls6 intake, but on the flip side..some other ignorant person would buy it for 9k. offer him 7and go from there.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a really used and abused 99, I wouldn't even think of buying it, god only knows what the mechanicals are like, if the rest of the car is as described
Old 03-19-2006, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

everything else is untouched. it still has stock airbox, manifolds exhaust except for the missing muffler, skip-shift....ect. i can do the body work myself with the help of my grandpa, the pump i can replace....i mean the interior was clean, under the hood was clean, the windows went down fine, the tranny shifted fine engine ran fine.........
Old 03-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid 9,500 for my 00Z just now. 72K miles. Needed stuff replaced that I was going to buy anyway. Rotors/pads, tires. It came with SFC and STB and flowmaster catback. Pretty clean and paint in great condition other then a couple spider webs on bottom of bumper where he gently hit something.

I think you're paying too much. I would not buy a car that needs any kind of paint or body work. That's expensive.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

again i can do the paint and body work myself. i mean the way im looking at it is the body work dosent affect the way the car drives, and i would have to replace the P/S pump. i think if i can get it for 8 i can sell the pioneer HU and shitty sub and amp and put stockers back in for the stock look i want and make back about 300 bucks. which would pay for the pump and some paint. thats my opinon on it. i just looked here for an opinion and i thank everyone who chimed in. if anyone sees things my way i would love to hear from you. thanks everyone for your help.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bww3588
again i can do the paint and body work myself. i mean the way im looking at it is the body work dosent affect the way the car drives, and i would have to replace the P/S pump. i think if i can get it for 8 i can sell the pioneer HU and shitty sub and amp and put stockers back in for the stock look i want and make back about 300 bucks. which would pay for the pump and some paint. thats my opinon on it. i just looked here for an opinion and i thank everyone who chimed in. if anyone sees things my way i would love to hear from you. thanks everyone for your help.
seems liek you already had you rmind made up before you asked ?
Old 03-19-2006, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

i think the car seems like a good deal. but i have a habit of seeing somthing i want and being blind to the bad ****. as long as its not wrecked i dont care as far as body work goes. i was going to paint any camaro i get SOM. i just wanted someone elses perspective.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

If you can do body work I say go for it. Power steering pumps are easy enough to replace. Engine and transmission running good are the important things.

I bought my car with a leaking water pump, bad window motor, and leaking pinion seal. I fixed them all myself and now the car is in excellent condition.

Don't let something like no LS6 intake stop you from a purchase. I'll tell you a secret. You can always put one on.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HeapaShifter
If you can do body work I say go for it. Power steering pumps are easy enough to replace. Engine and transmission running good are the important things.

I bought my car with a leaking water pump, bad window motor, and leaking pinion seal. I fixed them all myself and now the car is in excellent condition.

Don't let something like no LS6 intake stop you from a purchase. I'll tell you a secret. You can always put one on.
yeah dont tell anyone that you cant change intakes. we might start an aftermarket. but yeah i think if i can get my truck sold soon ill go for it. its going to get repainted, the exhaust will be changed anyways to a TD and the powersteering pump will be replaced with a new one. so it will be a nice car with realitivly low mileage. thanks for all your input guys. ill keep you updated if i get it or not and will report back. thanks guys