Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I remove the siphon tube from a NOS 15 lb

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I remove the siphon tube from a NOS 15 lb

I finally got the valves loose on my 15 lb NOS bottle and 10 lb NOS bottle. I want to use the super hi flow valve from the 15 lb bottle on the 10 lb bottle but he tube is way too long. The tube on the 10 lber came right off by unscrewing the nut hold it onto the valve. However, the 15 lb bottle is different. I can pull the tube loose. Anyone know how to get it off the valve?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by PAGregSS
I finally got the valves loose on my 15 lb NOS bottle and 10 lb NOS bottle. I want to use the super hi flow valve from the 15 lb bottle on the 10 lb bottle but he tube is way too long. The tube on the 10 lber came right off by unscrewing the nut hold it onto the valve. However, the 15 lb bottle is different. I can pull the tube loose. Anyone know how to get it off the valve?
Nope I think the thick wall tubing is threaded in.. Just cut it off to the length you need and give it a tweek for the bent part.
Ricky
Old 03-21-2006, 05:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PAGregSS

Can you give up some tips on how you got the valve loose from the bottle?

Was it a big pain? What did you use to hold the bottle?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but this is something I am needing to do as well. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2006, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, not a dumb question. If you look, I posted up the exact same question about a week ago. A friend and I broke one strap wrench trying to get them loose. It finally took him holding the bottle in a bear hug and an impact wrench to break them loose. I used short bursts from the impact to break it loose.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you are having troubles, you can take the bottle to any welding supply like fills and inspects bottles, they can get the valave off for like 20 bucks.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The siphon tube for the high flow and the super hi flow are different. The hi flow uses a compression fitting and the super hi flow screws directly in the valve. You can order the correct tube though.

Every valve I've ever take out I use the hammer method. Take a wrench and put on the valve then smack it with a hammer. We obviously have a large band clamp that holds them during assembly.

Quick Reply: How do I remove the siphon tube from a NOS 15 lb