Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true duals

i dont understand what these "true duals" everyone has are. i know its a sort of exhaust but i cant find anything named true duals for sale on any websites am i stupid or seomthjing? can someone pm me with a link to them or soemting?
Old 03-20-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here ya go
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=196&catid=56
This is a dumped system, that means the exhaust gas exits under the car (as opposed to going all the way to the back bumper)
You can also get the full duals(aka out the back), by going to vinci's site (in the sponsor list on the right------------------>
Old 03-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Launching!

here ya go man. bunch of pics of peoples' setups on this site. from what i hear most true duals are custom.(buy x pipe, muffler, mandrel bends, turndowns sepparately)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/415227-true-dual-photos.html

but a true dual setup with long tube headers is the most powerful setup you can get on these cars.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Teching In

well thanks. this is sounding complicated for someone who doenst know much yet likeme. are these street legal though?
Old 03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

no, the ones in the pics aren't. They could be street legal, if you put cats on them and dont have longtube headers
Old 03-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Teching In

damn i gota keep it legal, whats the deal i hear with SLP exhaust and headers being a bad decision?
Old 03-20-2006, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

The legality of a dual system depends on your area. I don't have emissions check in my area, and my system is completely legal.

Exhaust Info
Old 03-20-2006, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dookie2365
damn i gota keep it legal, whats the deal i hear with SLP exhaust and headers being a bad decision?
Their headers suck to install, I can vouch for that. The exhaust I don't know much about but I've never had an aftermarket cat-back, I went straight to duals for the sound and flow.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Teching In

yea well i live on long island so i doubt ill have no emissions check like you do.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like you need to stick to the y pipe and catbacks then. Of course we have emissions and visual inspections here and I have true duals. Hmmm Oh yeah that's right I'm not supposed to tell anybody about that.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

i dont understand what these "true duals" everyone has are. i know its a sort of exhaust but i cant find anything named true duals for sale on any websites am i stupid or seomthjing? can someone pm me with a link to them or soemting?

Sorry...Just givin' you a hard time!

But yeah, F-body cars come with a "Y" pipe design from the factory. That means that the factory manifolds (or headers to keep things simple) are normal, but instead of there being two pipes (one for each side of the engine block since this is a V-8), the two pipes coming from the headers converge into one pipe (this converge gives this design its name: it looks like a "Y". From there, this one-pipe design enters a muffler with two outlets to give the car a dual-exhaust appearance.

On the other hand, we have "true duals". Technically, most kits available labeled as a "true dual" setup are not in fact true duals since they do have a crossover. The names of these crossovers are labeled primarily by their shape. Hence, an "X" pipe is shaped like its name and an "H" pipe is shaped like its name. These two setups (X and H) are the majority of all "true duals" setups. There are a select few people on here, however, that run true duals in its literal sense. This is where there are two seperate pipes (one for each side of the block) and no crossover at all (meaning no "X" nor "Y" nor "H"). Out of all of these systems, the "X" pipe design appears to produce the best overall power. I personally think the best system made for an F-body is the true dual system offered by Texas Speed & Performance as seen here. That system combined with some stainless or ceramic coated long-tube headers should yeild the best numbers.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check my sig for pics of the TSP Rumbler TD's beside my stock exhaust and you will see what the deal is with true duals. PM me if you want to see video's of it in action.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Teching In

well thanks every1 im just havin a hard time deciding on what exhaust and headers to go with and i knew nothing about true duals. and now i hear that slp products arent worth the hassle so i just dont know what to to and keep it emisions legal
Old 03-20-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

well thanks every1 im just havin a hard time deciding on what exhaust and headers to go with and i knew nothing about true duals. and now i hear that slp products arent worth the hassle so i just dont know what to to and keep it emisions legal
I don't know much, if anything, about emissions since I have never had the pleasure of having a car tested. Does your area do visual tests along with the "sniffer" test? Your best bet is to buy a cat-back system from the sponsors which are located on the right as thumbnails---->
The majority of cat-back systems appear to be 50-state legal.
Also, have you checked out www.ls1sounds.com ? The sound clips may help you with your decision as well...
Old 03-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Teching In

nope but thanks that site will have some use