General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

98 WS6 not starting weird stuff!!!

Old 03-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 WS6 not starting weird stuff!!!

Ok, I am working on a 98 WS6 A4 with about a 100k on it. I check for power to the solenoid of the starter and nothing when you hit the key (do have power up to the big post on starter). When you turn the switch on you can do both turn signals and the radio clock comes on but not the radio itself? I can hear the fuel pump priming the system. I did try starting it in neutral etc... but still doesn't explain the radio? It has tilt wheel but the owner said he set it where it is and has not used it the last 40k/3 years. Fuses in the two fuse blocks in the engine bay were good. We also switched the ignition relay with other in the fuse block still nothing. So I think I am down to the ignition module. How hard is it to replace? and do I have to take the steering wheel off etc...? Somebody I talked to said it maybe the wiring harness going from the ignition mod to whereever? (does that make sense?)
Any insight might help!!
Thanks in advance
Brad
newbie from WI
Old 03-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Also the oil pressure gauge is at like 35psi and the coolant gauge is 180 or so. and the volt gauge is at zero? Frozen in time or what.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:39 AM
Teching In

excuse me! I am thinking ignition switch mod which is like $26. How bad is that to change?

Search this Thread